Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jun 16, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky View Post
No- I would not go to Belgium either at this time.

You don't need to understand my logic, as it is mine!

So... you woudlnt go to Belgium, Paris, Orlando, or in fact London?
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Hope all of you going have a lovely time, yes it is a muslim country , so is Dubai yet people don't seem to raise an issue there.

It has some beautiful areas and the nicest people. I'm not going to worry any more, we are miles away from Istanbul and a long long way from Syria x
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Greyfriars have you worried over it? I must admit I have but love Turkey, the nicest people Ive ever met
I never worry, after all the IRA blew up two children here the year we moved to Warrington!

My brother lives in Fethiye and has done for over 10 years and has no intentions of moving. There has been NO attacks on tourist areas all attacks have been in Istanbul, Ankara and on the Syrian border.

Latest news is the airport attackers were not Turks but ISIS scum!
Old 30 Jun 16, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Stopping us living our lives is what they want... we are at risk everywhere but living is what a life is for,if its my time to go it doesn't matter where I am they will not win.
Old 30 Jun 16, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

Been to Turkey many times the last time being last July and had an amazing holiday I just love Turkey would love to be going again this year, it's our 2nd favourite holiday destination after Orlando.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

It is lovely, must admit I am worried. My holiday company emailed tonight to say they are keeping an eye on it , I have no chance to amend anyway unless its deemed unsafe.
Old 30 Jun 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We got back from Kusadasi yesterday and I never felt unsafe but wasn't complacent.

I would go back in the future but have done all inclusive the last 4 years including Egypt and I'm a bit bored of it now plus I'm watching the penny's after my Florida trip later this year 😀
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachel115uk
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are in turkey now we leave on Monday after 2 weeks. I was really worried about coming and had visions of me not leaving the hotel but we've had an amazing time the kids have loved it, we've done some trips, eaten out everyday and done bits of shopping it's been lovely!
It's really quiet at the minute though and I really feel for the local people who's shops, hotels and restaurants are suffering 😕
Rachel115uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Thanks good to know all ok from people just been or there now
Old 2 Jul 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Dd and I went to Side Sensatori resort a few weeks ago. Very nice but AI isn't my type of holiday really. We went into Side one lunch time every bar and restaurant was empty. My god you feel for those poor people. I read today Russian visitors are down by 95% as President Putin has banned the sale of Turkish holidays. Terrible.

I just heard he has now lifted the ban

hurriyetdailynews/rus...&NewsCatID=345
Closed Thread