Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Aur0ra
Gone all Goofy

Extra case with Tui

I've booked a package holiday with Tui, flying Premium and I can't find how I pay to bring back another case?
I'm thinking of putting a medium case inside a large one and therefore come back with an extra case (no doubt full of teddies and sweets!)...
Do Tui do this by kg? by case?
The more I try and find an answer the more confused Im getting, I did try calling earlier but was on hold for quite a while so gave up that idea!
Aur0ra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Beana10
Proud to wear my Ears

I have looked into this too. My understanding is that if you booked your package online you can easily add this online via your TUI app.
If you booked your package instore you can only add this “extra” instore.
Beana10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Aur0ra
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beana10 View Post
I have looked into this too. My understanding is that if you booked your package online you can easily add this online via your TUI app.
Thank you, I booked over the phone so I’m presuming this would be classed as in store?
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Night-train
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Beana10 View Post
I booked instore but was able to do this through the app this morning. It does give you a choice.
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’m not sure whether TUI will let you add on another full weight case. You can already spread your luggage out into multiple cases (i.e. if you’ve upgraded to 25kg you could take a 15kg case and a 10kg case) but I think 25kg is the max you can upgrade to.

If you’ve booked on the phone you’ll need to contact the store that processed the booking. That’s a bugbear of mine as if you phone the general booking number you could have been transferred to any store, not necessarily your local one.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
You can use the app or go into a retail store (it doesn’t have to be the same one). You pay for another amount of kgs.
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Aur0ra
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Night-train View Post
I booked instore but was able to do this through the app this morning. It does give you a choice.
You booked another case via the app?
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Aur0ra
Gone all Goofy

So i think I have found it - when you select your seat and continue to the next page the option to buy 5kgs extra is there.
So...that will give 28kgs per person, can this be split between 3 cases? (2 people flying)
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Aur0ra View Post
So i think I have found it - when you select your seat and continue to the next page the option to buy 5kgs extra is there.
So...that will give 28kgs per person, can this be split between 3 cases? (2 people flying)
Yes, TUI allow you to pool your allowance. The maximum weight for each case is 25kg (it increased for 23kg a few months ago)
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Yes - you aren’t limited to the amount of cases anyway with tui.