Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Jul 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Where are these restaurants?

Hello, we’re off next month 😀 I’m now going through my scrawled planning notes. I ve listed loads of places to eat at but not written anything next to them! I’m guessing I noted them down after reading it on here! The only problem is, I ve no idea where they are. Can anyone please tell me. Cursing my poor note taking!
We are staying in Steve’s villa in Windwood Bay. So I’m hoping these places are local to the villa. I now know some have multiple restaurants.

Flying fish
Cheesecake Factory
Applebee’s
Mannys
Margaretaville
Texan de Brazil
Red lobster
Denny’s
The outback
Joe’s Crab Shack
Yellow dog ears
Teak neighbourhood grill
Ravenous pig

Opinions on my extensive and totally unachievable list appreciated. Are they any good? Are they too far away? Are they suitable for young children? Are they buffet or sit down?

Many thanks 🙏🏻

Edited at 10:03 AM.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Have you looked on trip advisor for reviews or googled for menus to help you narrow it down ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Texas De Brazil is at the top of I Drive, we didn't have a car but the I Ride stop was number 3. Great food suggest you starve yourself during the day
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

I think Windwood Bay is close to Champions Gate?
Cheesecake Factory is at Mall of Milennia which is roughly 30/35 minutes away.
Texas de Brazil is in International Drive and is a similar distance.
Applebee's, Red Lobster and Manny's and Joe's Crab Shack are on the 192 towards Rolling Oaks and about 10 minutes away.
Drive up Lake Wilson Road to the 192 and turn left for a mile or so.
For Denny's drive up LWR to the 192 and turn right and sign should be visible on other side of the 192.
The Outback and I think Red Lobster are both at Formosa Gardens again up LWR and only a few hundred yards to the left on the 192.

To add to you choices I would recommend Longhorn at Rolling Oaks which is a steakhouse/ribs
and also Logan's Roadhouse which is across the road from Old Town on the 192... turn right on the 192 and less than 5 minutes drive on the lhs.

All above are sit down restaurants.

Edited at 10:37 AM.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just to add to your confusion you have not included Olive Garden. Great food & service. Sit down restaurant mostly Italian style food. Definitely family orientated.

They have several dotted around.
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Hello, thanks for all the suggestions and directions.
I’m starting to go through menus now and binning the places that don’t have something my fussy children will eat.
Oh yes- Olive Garden. It’s the only restaurant we ve actually been to out there! I loved it.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I really would not recommend Joes Crab Shack unless you all like everything deep fried and greasy. We had a dreadful meal there and would never go back.
Red Lobster - we love but have found variations between locations, generally the one at Crossroads is way better than the one on the 192 for example.

Flying Fish is fabulous and is at the Boardwalk in WDW, it is signature dining and is priced accordingly but we love it.

I would also strongly recommend Chilis, possibly our favourite chain over there, it will have at least 2 locations in the lower Orlando area

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

If you are at Steves Champions gate is really close there you have
Chillis Millars RedRobin Panera Bread First watch Jersey Mikes and the usual mcDs etc the kids may like Culvers Menus we really enjoyed it
Oh Champions gate also has a British Style fish and chip shop
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Margaretaville is at CityWalk at Universal. Lots of other places there too, although I can't comment from personal experience - but many Dibbers like Bubba Gumps, Antojitos and Cowfish there. Also the Toothsome Chocolate Company looks nice for bizarre ice creams and shakes but it looks like you need to take out another mortgage first...

Flying Fish is at the Boardwalk in WDW. We loved it in 2010 and it was one of our top meals. However since then it has had a makeover, and it seems it has changed a great deal. Recent reviews I have seen are very mixed. If this is your only WDW restaurant and if it's for a special meal, it might be worth looking around at other reviews for somewhere else. We adored Yachtsman Steakhouse and that was our top meal in 2014, although again I've seen some people less happy with it recently.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Hello, we’re off next month 😀 I’m now going through my scrawled planning notes. I ve listed loads of places to eat at but not written anything next to them! I’m guessing I noted them down after reading it on here! The only problem is, I ve no idea where they are. Can anyone please tell me. Cursing my poor note taking!
We are staying in Steve’s villa in Windwood Bay. So I’m hoping these places are local to the villa. I now know some have multiple restaurants.

Flying fish
Cheesecake Factory
Applebee’s
Mannys
Margaretaville
Texan de Brazil
Red lobster
Denny’s
The outback
Joe’s Crab Shack
Yellow dog ears
Teak neighbourhood grill
Ravenous pig

Opinions on my extensive and totally unachievable list appreciated. Are they any good? Are they too far away? Are they suitable for young children? Are they buffet or sit down?

Many thanks 🙏🏻

If you're willing to go a mile beyond Red Lobster id swap it out for Landrys. Our past few visits we've done both and ALWAYS say to ourselves "why did we bother with Red Lobster"... to be fair it's the IDrive one we go to but the food and price just didnt compare to Landrys (plus you can use the Landrys card therE)

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List