Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 12 Jan 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LindaPH
First POST

Mobile Virgin - There must be a reason - what is it?

We want to go on Aug 24th Ive spent the weekend trawling through every website and Im gone goggly eyed!

Now, Im price sensitive and Ill go indirect so I have found some good prices actually. By going to Expedia.com vs .co.uk I can get the price down even more by paying in US$ for United.

But Im reluctant to go ahead until I know why everyone and their cat is so fond of Virgin. Couple of the girls in the office have gone - all with Virgin. I see so many posts here about Virgin. My husbands coworkers have nearly all gone with Virgin. My hairdresser told me to get a price from Virgin. What am I missing? Virgin are 267 more each from Gatwick so for 4 thats over a grand.

I cant see what Im getting for the extra money. Comparing direct only - with BA is working out about 570 less than Virgin. But as a newb Im afraid everyone knows something I dont and Im being penny wise and pound foolish?
LindaPH is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I favour virgin as we get free seat selection at the time of booking and luggage included which as a family of 5 really mounts up if we have to add on.
Thats the only reason I personally choose virgin. However if the price difference was immense then I would go with whoever was cheaper.
Excited!
Unread 12 Jan 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

I will fly with who ever is cheapest! Have done 2 virgin trips and 2 BA. All which involved some degree of flying with American partner airlines. I much prefer the American airlines Delta and American Airlines in terms of flight comfort and service. I had some very bad service on one Virgin flight but not enough to put me off flying with them if the price was right. What I would never do however is book another package with Virgin, in my experience they are horribly over priced for packages. Often book elements with them like car hire or a hotel but not a full package. Our first trip staying at a cheap hotel on I drive cost more than out last one 4 years later staying at Animal Kingdom lodge for 2 weeks with food, the difference the first one was booked as a virgin package, the second one I booked myself!
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal trip
Unread 12 Jan 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I fly with whoever is cheapest, same metal tube for 9 hours, 1st year was Thomas cook, two times BA, upcoming trip Virgin (for some reason was cheaper than BA)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando!
Unread 12 Jan 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Absolutely nothing. We have flown with Virgin BA Delta Air France and Ive never found any significant difference between any of them.

Virgin do have a good advertising campaign...
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I Love the Glitch thread!
Unread 12 Jan 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
slightly serious Dibber

I honestly would fly with whoever is cheapest...
TheHughesCrew is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Floridian Odyssey
Unread 12 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Well fly with whoevers cheapest, however I do like that you dont have to pay for seat selection with Virgin like you do with BA, not flown with other airlines long haul so dont know if others charge for seat selection
01/05/20 - 15/05/20 - Doral Woods
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Just the two of us!
Unread 12 Jan 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Apprentice Imagineer

Whomever is the cheapest. Would book Virgin if they were not a lot dearer in price.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Big Family Holiday
Discount Florida Car Hire