Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BobFish123
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
first of all the original post did not state "all the information" but all the details.
So we may assume it relates to name, DOB, place of birth, parents names, and so on

But does the OP state they the knew absolutely everything about their friend's life and past ?

have a read on various DIBB threads, you'll see that when it's time to answer the "questions" on ESTA, even "Significant others" sometimes discover that their partnier had been involved in something that needed clarification regarding answering yes or no (past conviction for example)

You can never know everything about anyone. Even lifelong friends have secrets and skeletons in their closets.

Even if you don't agree with the fact that one should have permission to file ESTA on behalf of another person, there is one thing that needs considering.

Even if you truthfully answer that your friend never got involved in activities, or has a clean record, it's only based on your own knowledge. And you may not know everything about your friends.
There are even things one would not know about one's own family

and if you still doubt that, go back to reading those "esta panic" threads on this very here forum. See how many DIBBers got caught during their planning, when they realised one fellow party member, one they've known for years, could possibly not qualify for ESTA and would need a visa ...

can you answer "NO" to all those eligibility questions on behalf of a friend, just because you think you know them ?
no you can't, and even more so when it comes to a fellow DIBBer you know nothing of, filing ESTA for one of their friends you know even less of.

There could be consequences.

So it's not a case of going over the top, it's a very typical situation where blanket statements could get people into real deep trouble.

OP may know all the details (bio page, passport number, and all) about their friend, but do one ever know everything about someone ?
Paragraph 3:

I have all the details for the ESTA itself

I suppose everyone has their own opinion and is right fully entitled to it, the original post was asking about an email address, which does not affect an application. She must feel EXTREMELY comfortable in filling out an ESTA and the consequences that might (more than like not though) come with it... so back to the original point...

You can use ANY email addresses as MANY times as you want for as MANY people as you like
BobFish123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
So to take it a step further, it's ok to apply for an ESTA for someone else as long as I get their details correct ? Now I don't necessarily know this other person but it's ok because I have their details & I know they are correct ... & I'm extremely comfortable about doing it without them knowing... After all it's only a legal document what's the worst that could happen

Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ok so this thread didn’t go the way I expected it to, however, thanks to those who answered my question.
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LozSteelers View Post
Ok so this thread didn’t go the way I expected it to, however, thanks to those who answered my question.
I bet it wasn't!
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Tell you what OP - I'm more than happy for you to complete an ESTA for me (mine has just run out) and book a surprise trip at the same time. In fact can you do one for the missus if you would be so kind?

I confirm that we meet the requirements for travel under the VWP