Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Jul 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tone Arranger
Proud to wear my Ears

Ragland Road

I see that Ragland Road in Disney Springs has just announced new lineups and shows.

I've seen it in the past but never been in.

What's the "deal" re this place. Is it just a bar where you turn up and wander in / out ?

Is there a cover charge for any of the shows ?

Does it get really busy so you don't get to see or hear much ?

Anyone been there, recommend it or otherwise ?
Tone Arranger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

We've eaten at Raglan road a number of times and it is one of the better places at WDW. It's a very informal pub. Bigger version of Rose and Crown at EPCOT with music.

Yes there is a small bar/stools/tables area and you can walk in and get a drink. Decent selection of drinks with the obligatory Guinness.

It can get extremely busy at times so if you wanted to eat, best to get an ADR. Although we have got a walk up in the past. I think the menu and food are excellent. Our last visit there was one of the best meals I've eaten at WDW.

There is no cover charge for any of the shows - it isn't Jellyrolls. the shows are entertaining (and pretty loud sometimes near the stage). Plenty of booths for a quieter time.

Yes - I can thoroughly recommend. We've booked an ADR for our visit in September and apart from Sanaa, there's not many places we regularly re-visit. Enjoy.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Good atmosphere and some of the better beer selections but for us it's one of the worst for food. Very mediocre british pub grub.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tone Arranger View Post
What's the "deal" re this place. Is it just a bar where you turn up and wander in / out ?
It's more of a restaurant with a bar off to the side & about 20 max (from recollection) stools.

During the evening the only seats free to wander in & sit at are the ones at the bar itself as the tables will all be used for dinner reservations.

It's a popular place though & gets busy so you can never guarantee a seat at the bar. Plus over 21's only to sit at the bar too.

If you want to guarantee you see the entertainment, book a reservation.

During lunch before the dancers/music it's almost empty so we tend to go & chill out then.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

average over priced food imo and there are certainly better places to eat at DS ... but good for a drink at the bar to catch a show.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I found Ragland Road to be mediocre in the food department, worst atmosphere I've been in. That said, I like a lesiurely meal with good conversation. At Ragland Road it is hard to hear yourself, never mind your companions. Service was OK, nothing spoecial-may have been better id we could hear the server and he us.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stargazer69
Getting Excited

We went there last year. Thoroughly enjoyed the food and the show. It's definitely on our list for next year 😀

POR 2022
OKW 2019, SSR 2017, OKW 2015, OKW 2013
stargazer69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Bother
Trying for More Ears

We’ve eaten at Ragland Road a couple of times. Wasn’t impressed the last time we went. Very loud and we were not impressed by the food. Average and expensive
Oh Bother is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

Food has become over priced over the years and service has definitely declined, perhaps it is a failure of its own success, we may try it this year having had a break for the last 2 but to be honest, there are now so many restaurants down in DS that the choice means we could happily miss Raglan.
Old 29 Jul 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We went there last year and wasn't very impressed with the fish and chips. The music is loud but that's fair enough and the service was okay, but we would have rather ate in dennys for half the price.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List