Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Feb 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
we now always go with the flow. wander over to disney springs to eat a couple of times but much nicer restaurants outwith disney

keep trying to get mrtomorrow to seasons52

we still do FP'S but now like to wander about
I fancy that Seasons52 and think Tom should take that invitation. Saw it on ‘Lodge Guys’ and they rated it better than California Grill. I had it booked in 2018 but never made it. Xmas I’ll have to give it a go, we won’t have time summer as we are at Copper Creek for only 4 nights.
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
we now always go with the flow. wander over to disney springs to eat a couple of times but much nicer restaurants outwith disney

keep trying to get mrtomorrow to seasons52

we still do FP'S but now like to wander about
Ali. Maybe this year who knows!
To be honest the best food we had in Florida last year was when we rented a Villa and I cooked.

I asked my Wife for a 20% tip and she gave me a poke in the eye instead.

Being serious the mark up on what I describe as bellow average fare is driving nails into me ref onsite dining. Offsite is better and cheaper.

Hopefully the free DDP will die a death.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
YT. This is us!
OK we hammer the FP availability bang on the 60 days but that’s mainly to get FOP. The rest of the rides are good but I’m not having a hissy fit if I can’t get Slinky!

ADRs. Mmmm. The Wave we go to a lot. The rest of the places we are ambivalent about. We no longer dine at Signature places for two reasons
1.The food is very poor value for the price
2. I refuse to contribute towards a server earning over $100k per annum.
Totally agree with this Signature summary. If it wasn’t for the dining plan they’d be walk ins (most would be) better food and cheaper.
Wave was of course your recommendation which was bang on the money.
Funnily enough I was ambivalent about FOP when I went on it when it opened. But at Xmas it seemed much better and my favourite ride now. Not sure if it wasn’t fully working before, or it depends on where you are sitting etc. Weird. Kids said the same thing.

Edited at 06:59 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Include us too.

I could happily spend a day wondering round MK, looking at the flowers, feeding the ducks, and people watching whilst sipping a lefou’s brew. Thereafter, mooching along To the Wave Lounge for a snifter or four.

Disney332
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are still pondering a February trip (not in DVC accommodation) and if we go will buy tickets no more than 2 weeks before we go... !

I’ve checked and can still get the ADRs we would want - Sana’a and The Plaza
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I book the odd one and then use Springs- where it's easier to get a walk-up, also eat off site a lot more now, the chains along the 192 and near LBV.

After doing the DDP last time I really saw just how awful some of the food is and almost Everything is Fried or covered in a sweet sauce

I heave every time I think of the smell walking into the land at Epcot, that fried small is yuck
Old 6 Feb 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

we are still at the point we do ADR's but we are doing less every trip. I do however like a few restaurants I like to visit - love liberty tree its fast turning into one of our favourites.
Old 6 Feb 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post

It's nice to see Nine Dragons get a mention, it's a must do for us, too. Always loved it there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

I look forward to being one of you! We only have 5 days this year and I’m filling up every minute. We keep telling ourselves we don’t need to do everything and we’ll be back next year but it just isn’t working. I’m far too new. :-D
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh, Im on ADR's still on the day, we are aiming for CRT ( which will go quick )
This trip isnt DVC ( saving points for the next year, Im 50, DD is 18 and WDW is also 50 ) though, so we have 9 days free DDP, then 1 week in our MVC

I will be on FP on the day aswell

but its part of it for me, the challenge

BUT, we commented the more we go, the more relaxed we are, afterall, we need our ESTA done, a passport and a CC, thats it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List