Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Feb 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
It's nice to see Nine Dragons get a mention, it's a must do for us, too. Always loved it there.
we once had a ADR for 9 Dragons, walked in, asked the server how the rice was made and it was made with chicken stock, we left, as the veggie options were poor
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
I look forward to being one of you! We only have 5 days this year and I’m filling up every minute. We keep telling ourselves we don’t need to do everything and we’ll be back next year but it just isn’t working. I’m far too new. :-D
We do 70 nights a year in DVC at SSR spread over 3 trips. Plus sometimes a gash week in Pop etc on top.
We used to dine in WDW places for each of those 70 nights each and every time.
Not any more.
I refuse to be held hostage to indifferent overpriced food albeit the free DDP is a no brainer and I would snap somebody's hand off for that.
I think there is a moral here somewhere about 'the golden egg' etc!

Edit. It comes to something when we both think a plant based burger with sweet potato fries in Pop at circa $11 was the best meal. Sad really.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

We are with you on this. We did the ROTR early morning dash in Jan but we are huge fans. In last Septembers trip we ate off site a lot- we especially like Bahama Breeze, Millers Ale House burger was fantastic and the Outback (at the outlets. Not 192) was great as usual. The prices are ridiculously cheap compared to an in site meal.
I think our favourite on site recently have been Blaze Pizza, Ale and Compass and we too love Nine Dragons, feeling it is always underrated.
We had FP and cancelled many- just went and mooched a lot of the time and in AK just did FOP and nothing else.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Nine Dragons is getting some love on here- not surprised really, it’s pretty limited menu, but really well done and good value for Disney. Service we have had has been some of the best too (apart from the miserable beggar who is on the desk when you go in).
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Nine Dragons is getting some love on here- not surprised really, it’s pretty limited menu, but really well done and good value for Disney. Service we have had has been some of the best too (apart from the miserable beggar who is on the desk when you go in).
I'm glad you mentioned the Hostesses. What is it with these College Program Ladies?
Some of them walk around like they own the darn place and act like they are doing you a favour getting you a table. Most weird.
I say Ladies because I never seem to see Guys at the podium.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I think we are a very unusual family in that we have never been fussed or panicked over getting ADR's.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
I think we are a very unusual family in that we have never been fussed or panicked over getting ADR's.
I don't know, I have been going for 20 years as an adult and have eaten onsite at Disney in a table service restaurant 5 times.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
Same here. I think we’ve had 3 ADRs in the 20 years we’ve been going and one of those was afternoon tea at GF!
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

We only really did the ADRS when my son arrived and even then we were counting pennies so did one per trip. I would say the only time we have done more that a few was when we had the free dining the one time, and then it was just too much food.
I have to say the cash stay at POP with the one quick service a day (which includes alcohol) is a great way to save on alcohol. We don’t drink that much and leftovers went in the box that trip. And you can just drink the sealed stuff when you want.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

No ADRs anyone... most of our favourite places to eat have changed so much that we can get better quality at a significantly cheaper price offsite. And we've been enough that the experience of eating onsite isn't a big pull anymore. Combined with then having to plan your meals... not for us anymore.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List