Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SandE
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Barclays Travel Wallet?

Hey
So I've tried looking for a post about this but can't seem to find any?! We go to Disneyworld for two weeks this year and wanted to take half cash half card!
I've just opened up this new Barclays Travel Wallet on the app and it says you can just keep topping it up and use your debit card as normal!

I just wondered if any of you have had experience using this and if it does just work as you would use your debit card?

Thank you
SandE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

Oooo, I bank with Barclays will have a look at this.
Sorry can’t help but thanks for sharing, hopefully someone else can give more info.
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SandE
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Aha thats okay I've already got $160 dollars in there and the rate changes every day so i always check for when its high and then add a bit more in 😂 I'm hoping if it does what it says it will be amazing but definitely check it out!
SandE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

I saw it and it looks like a good idea. My only problem is that I'm not sure I want to use my debit card in the states given all the card cloning and fraud that goes on :/ we keep a couple of credit cards just for use over there and they've both been cloned several times over the last few years even though we try very hard not to let them out of our sight.

At least when it happens with a credit card, the money doesn't come right out of the bank account like it would with a debit card.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SandE
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Oooooo Keith I didn't think of that, is it quite a common thing for fraud over there?! 🤔🤔
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SandE View Post
Oooooo Keith I didn't think of that, is it quite a common thing for fraud over there?! 🤔🤔
For this reason, we got a FairFX card and withdrew enough cash to last a few days from the Wawa petrol stations.

Ive read on here that you should not use your card at petrol stations and if you do pay by card to always ask them to bring the pay machine to you rather than let them walk off with your card.

Just had a read of the Barclays Wallet as we bank with them and in theory I like the idea. I wonder if you can draw cash out using it? Like i did with the FairFX card and what fees there’d be.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chelsea1
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Revolut every time!
chelsea1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
baz
Getting Excited

baz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've used the Barclays travel wallet for both EUR and USD and the rate has always been much lower than Revolut when exchanging.
baz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List