Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 20 Sep 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have all the Christmas cake ingredients in (apart from the eggs) , I will be making day after DD birthday on 14th October as usual.
I started gift shopping in August, a month earlier this year just in case ... as usual I am waiting on the stores for what I want! Couldn’t bear to be a last minute person.
I like to have it all done by the time I put the trees up , breath and enjoy the run up , baking gifts and watching cornie Christmas movies
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Now it not maybe our normal Christmas the gift shopping is done cards and wrapping paper bought January before evennlock down
Dinner sorted rib roast in the freezer as are the Aldi Yorkshire’s the alternative veg ie tinned peas sweet corn put away starter ie prawns salmon etc in the freezer every thing for soup ie veg / stock base made+and frozen
Duchess potatoes made and frozen
and you know what every other year but this one I’d have been that perfect wife mother etc etc if I’d been so sorted this year absolute no smug feelings as-I sit back and others fret and that# not that nice either
I’d love to be this organised! Re the gifts, I don’t think I could buy them that early (for my kids) as they’d be bound to change their minds, or something new comes out that they want.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We even have a practice run of Christmas dinner around October time, we like this meal so much.
I have always struggled with the idea of only enjoying it once a year.

We even have crackers (we always pick up enough in January for both Christmas Dinners, Oct and December).

Turkey Crown, Cranberry Sauce, Pigs, etc etc .. exactly as on December 25.
I love this idea CFB! I’ve said to DH before that I quite like turkey & not sure why I don’t buy it more often! I’m tempted to have a ‘trial’ run end of October! If I tell DH he can have Christmas Pudding as well he’ll be ok with it (CP being his favourite Christmas food!).
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't know what to do about food to be honest as there could be 2 or 6 or 12 or 16 of us depending on the rules both here, in Cambridgeshire and in Bolton. 🙊
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I hope I’m not here. I’ve Florida booked and not hopeful but we will go anywhere- Canaries, Barbados, Thailand. That’s the plan.

If I am here I’ll be cooking the Turkey outside on the Kamado oven.
Old 21 Sep 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I hope I’m not here. I’ve Florida booked and not hopeful but we will go anywhere- Canaries, Barbados, Thailand. That’s the plan.

If I am here I’ll be cooking the Turkey outside on the Kamado oven.
I wish we'd booked to go away. Would we be able to be more than 6 if we did?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List