Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Some much needed Portuguese Sun - September 2019 - Pre Trip Report

Hi Dibbers,

Im forever reading all the amazing trip reports on here and can't wait to do my own for our big Florida trip next year! In the meantime we are lucky enough to be heading out to Portugal in 16 days ( I'm not counting ) for some much needed sun! And after reading a few of the general trip reports I thought id give my own a go this year! As am I completely new at this please forgive the formatting , will I even be able to work out how to upload a photo...

So it is just me and my boyfriend going on this trip, we went to Mexico in May with all our family and friends for my biggest sisters wedding! It was fantastic but when we got back we felt we hadn't even had a holiday as it was so full on, so a few weeks later we were back online looking for a good deal for a trip to Portugal!

We booked in June with Jet2 to fly for Manchester to Faro on the 20th September , we are flying around 4pm. The flight is estimated at 3 Hours so we will be landing at 7pm... there's no time difference which I didn't know and I've never been somewhere that this has been the case before , How Exciting We have then hired a little Ford Fiesta to pick up from the airport and drive down to Alvor , where we will be staying!

We are staying in a sea view apartment at the Luna Alvor Bay hotel until the 28th September when we are flying home! It looks lovely , right near the beach and walking distance to everything! On the 28th we will be dropping the car back off at Faro airport in time to catch our flight at 8:45pm! Im glad we got a late flight as it gives us the whole day in Portugal! Unfortunately for my dad it means he is coming to collect us from Manchester airport at midnight on a Saturday night... oops , sorry dad

I have never been to Portugal before but my partner has been so many times he cannot give me an exact number So he will be taking charge of this trip. Very hard for me as I love to plan and I've been told I'm not aloud

There is also another reason I'm finding it hard to let him take over the planning from this point... He booked for us to go to Rome last year for my birthday ... I know what you're thinking , how sweet... Well it was lovely until 2 days before we were due to fly - I checked the flight times, seats etc and realised he had only booked 1 flight! £400 later we eventually got to Rome ( the original flights cost him £80 ) Its a funny story to tell now anyways

Anyways we will be doing a lot of going out for dinner ( one of our favourite pass times ) , some sight seeing, beach days and maybe squeeze in a few cocktails here and there... it would be rude not too This trip is all about a relax for us !

So after all my waffling I've realised I've not introduced us at all!

Its me, Claudia. Age 20, Holiday and Disney Obsessed & Reuben, Age 24 , Football Obsessed.

Thought I would be rude not to introduce the third member of our family, who sadly cannot come with us on our trip This is Maggie... Our 3 year old Cockapoo! She's my little princess

I will try to do a few live posts if I can whilst we are on our trip , most of the photos ill be adding will be food related I think

Thank you for reading my Pre- Trippie

I feel like I have forgotten something so this post may well be edited

Edited at 08:34 PM.
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Well il’l certainly be reading along & look forward to reading all about your trip.
I’m not brave enough to do trip reports,but love to read them.
Tracy x
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Well il’l certainly be reading along & look forward to reading all about your trip.
I’m not brave enough to do trip reports,but love to read them.
Tracy x
Thank you! By the looks of your countdown you’re about to have a lovely holiday too. I haven’t been brave enough until now... we will see how it turns out haha x
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List