Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Aug 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by becky2203 View Post
Virgin Atlantic don't currently have flights available for 2nd August. Is that a Virgin Holidays price? Always find them more expensive.
It’s not flight price but a flydrive. Return flight is 2nd August - I’m not going to book - we flew with Virgin last year and for a family of 4 it was the bulk of our holiday cost. It cost just over £4000 for us and the whole cost of holiday including accommodation, tickets and food was just over £8000 -

I really do not want to spend as much this 2nd time so really looking for as many savings as possible.

I have just got off phone with mum also who flys to states twice a year - she was writing both BA and Thomas Cook staying she would only fly dream liners for future flights - either with Virgin or Norwegian.

So next question - anyone fly with Norwegian? If so - is it worth the saving?
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Virgin don’t fly Dreamliners to Florida. TUI do.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney-girl
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We have flown with both BA and Virgin and would go with whoever was cheapest. Particularly if it’s a big saving it’s a no brainer.
We are going with a BA flydrive next year. Flights were absolutely fine and crew were lovely.
I’d rather have the extra money the other end to spend 😀
disney-girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
BA for that price, no questions asked. As for the difference in the flydrive and booking the flights/car separately, I could be mistaken but I think it's due to you having the option to pay up the flydrive? Put down a deposit to start and pay up whereas the separate option has to be paid immediately
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Grimdogg View Post
British Airways = £761 per person
Virgin Atlantic = £1372 per person
Why on earth is this even a question or a choice?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Virgin don’t fly Dreamliners to Florida. TUI do.
I do not understand the need to fly a Dreamliner. I fly the Atlantic several times a year and haven't notice the Dreamliner is that much better in fact there were things that were not so good.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I do not understand the need to fly a Dreamliner. I fly the Atlantic several times a year and haven't notice the Dreamliner is that much better in fact there were things that were not so good.
Could you elaborate on what things were not so good - we have only been once and flew with Virgin Atlantic so our experience is limited - before we go ahead and book anything I want to weigh in the experience of those that have flown other airlines so that we can book with some confidence!

Mark
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Grimdogg View Post
Could you elaborate on what things were not so good - we have only been once and flew with Virgin Atlantic so our experience is limited - before we go ahead and book anything I want to weigh in the experience of those that have flown other airlines so that we can book with some confidence!

Mark
The key thing we disliked in the dreamliner we flew on was that the cabin crew dimmed the windows so you couldn't see out and these were locked so they were not controllable by passengers. (I dont know if this was a one off or standard practice) if you have any feelings of claustrophobia its impossible to look out. This was BA flight to Kuala Lumpar.

I didn't feel the aircraft was any better that other aircraft.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
For what it's worth we've flown Virgin twice to Florida and numerous times with BA. We've always found the service better on the BA flights. Tampa is now our airport of choice simply because it's smaller.
Flown on a TUI dreamliner 4 times but always in their premium club - to Caribbean destinations not Florida. Would love to do it to Florida but the price of a fly drive for 4 to Florida prohibits it.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List