Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 1 Sep 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Christmas gifts for children

Following on from another thread, what does your children want for xmas? My dd6 wants a nintendo switch, the princess peach gaming chair, playmobil set and the harry potter lego set “attack on the burrow”. We are also getting her a tv for the switch as she doesnt have one. She will get some jigsaws and other bits and bobs too. Dd who turns 1 9 days after xmas is getting a foam ball pit, little tikes activity garden, ride on car and a couple of bath toys. Plus the girls will both get off friends and family. Trying not to go over the top this year as they always get far too much!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Our children don’t actually get anything from other people apart from my mum which is money. So I always want to get them plenty to open because that is all they get.
My older two are so easy to buy for.
My daughter is happy with loads of night T shirts, fluffy socks, earrings, perfume, make up, music.
Middle son is happy with aftershave, training clothes, fitness equipment, trainers.
His main present will be a phone this year as his contract will be due an upgrade.
Its just our little monster who is difficult 😂
But so far I have written down a pop up tent. Going to get a good 2 man one. A good torch, bean bag type thing so both boys can have an adventure outside in the garden!
He has announced he wants some drums but I hope he forgets that 🤣🤣
He needs some head phones too.

We got him a Nintendo last Christmas and he loves it. Never uses it on the TV though for sone reason. I would highly recommend animal crossing !
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
He has announced he wants some drums but I hope he forgets that 🤣🤣
He needs some head phones too.
There are “electric” drumkits that you can plug headphones into. Still makes a little bit of sound but nothing near without

My eldest started playing guitar when he was 9 and music instruments are great presents. As is music lessons. My eldest is quite introvert so doesnt play his guitar “in public” as much as I wish he did - apart from that he plays with the church music groups on Sunday sessions which he enjoys.
Old 2 Sep 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Last year my DS then 16 got Amazon echo dot and gym membership plus some smellies etc.
My DS then 8 got a DJ Board, Lego, games.

I can highly recommend the board game Colourbrain the Disney edition ! suitable from 7 and upwards, super easy to learn and great fun remembering colours from Disney characters/props.

This year DS 17 wants a new ipad and DS 9 a laptop.(he wants a phone too but that is not going to happen until he is 11/high school)
Old 2 Sep 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

DS15 wants a new xbox (set to be released November)
DS12 the new PlayStation (set time be released at the same time).
Don’t think Santa will be bringing them much else this year.🙈
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No idea 😕
Dd 9 wants a swinging egg chair for the garden in the new house but they’re extortionate!
And ds 20 wants a pizza oven .. yes I have very normal children
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
something you want, somethign you need,
something to wear, soemthing to read
Something to drink, something to make you think

That's it. I have given so much over the years, some lovely things and some tat. Last Christmas I told them all that we would be cutting back drastically and they were all pleased. This proved to be a good move as money is drastically tight and so it will have to be a cheaper year. We plan to stick to the 6 things every year now. Its a flexi thing as we can but more or less depending on how stretchy the budget is! We won't spend more than we have for Christmas.

For those 'poorer' dibbers (given the reason we are all here, we probably have a richer profile than many) , please remember you do not have to keep up with other dibbers!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by caj View Post

That's it. I have given so much over the years, some lovely things and some tat. Last Christmas I told them all that we would be cutting back drastically and they were all pleased. This proved to be a good move as money is drastically tight and so it will have to be a cheaper year. We plan to stick to the 6 things every year now. Its a flexi thing as we can but more or less depending on how stretchy the budget is! We won't spend more than we have for Christmas.

For those 'poorer' dibbers (given the reason we are all here, we probably have a richer profile than many) , please remember you do not have to keep up with other dibbers!
I really like this rhyme but only knew the want/need/wear/read. I hadn't heard about the drink and think bits.

My little boy just keeps wanting presents. I really don't think that he cares what's inside of them. He's getting a stocking (the four things) and a tree present (lego, already bought) and DH and I will get a stocking each with the aim of keeping that under £10 (which I'll sort out). I'm sure it will get more expensive as he gets older!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post

Love that idea!
I save all year for Christmas. I don’t buy for others apart from my mum so the rest goes our children. Depending on what they want, or need, the amount fluctuates so not a set amount.
It certainly would never be more than we can afford.
I also pick up odd bits and bobs throughout the year when on offer. This saves a fortune 👍🏻👍🏻
I got my daughter a pandora rose gold ring that was around £80 for £21. 🤩🤩
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Up to now I have got my grandson who is 4 in december so will be for either birthday or christmas,

Play Mobil Campervan (bargain in Costco)
VTech Kidizoom Duo camera 5.0
Little People BIG DREAMS books x 3