Notices

Old 2 Sep 14, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

The Pumpkins Dine Around Disney 2014 Trip Report Index

The Cast!

There's me, Mrs Pumpkin on the Dibb aka Michelle in real life, aged 37, and now addicted to planning holidays to Orlando! I'm the photographer, trip report writer and driver on our holidays to Orlando! I was supposed to lose weight for this holiday. I didn't. It affected how much we did. And for this trip I was a size 30/32.

There's him, Steven19720 on the Dibb and Steve in real life, aged 41. But he now refers to himself in our trip planner on the Dibb as Seņor Pumpkin He's 41, chief keeper of documents, navigator, packhorse and videographer. His mission on holidays is usually to eat all the food! He loves his grub, and quite frankly, I don't know where he puts it all!

There's the boy, my son and Steve's stepson, Liam, 15. Despite his increasing age and my fear about it all being too babyish for him, he loves going to Orlando and can't wait to be back! He really gets involved with meeting characters and because of that, we always end up having a right laugh with the characters we meet. He eats a LOT, again, not sure where he puts it, and we're going to be making the most of the dining plan on our 2014 trip with him!

You can read our Pre-Trip Report here!

Third times a charm - our highs, not so highs and some lows

Just the food: Deluxe Disney Dining Plan - We Did It!

If you've read my previous trip reports (WDW Aug 2013, WDW Aug 2011 & DLP Aug 2010), you'll know that my reports are photo heavy - as many as a post will allow! I will be including more photographs on the reports that I post on my blog and you'll find all of my photo albums from this trip on my Flickr.
I took this year's photographs predominantly on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, as well as a few on my iPhone5 (all of those are on my Instagram (@MsPurplePumpkin)). Waterpark photos were on my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT5.
Hubs did videography this year on a Panasonic V720. I'll be uploading videos to my YouTube channel.
Any photo editing is done with Paint Shop Pro X3, Photoshop CS5 or Camera+.

It's gonna take me a while to go through photos (I took 8000 ) delete the rubbish ones, edit the good ones, put them into collages, gather my thoughts, write the report and publish them, but I will work through as quickly as time allows me!

I have worked out each day's title, and here is what you can expect from The Pumpkins Dine Around Disney 2014 Trip Report!

Day 0 - So It Begins: Premier Inn at Heathrow Airport

Day 1 - We Have Lift Off: Travel Day - LHR-ATL-MCO; Old Key West, Olivia's Cafe (Dinner)

Day 2 - Practically Perfect In Every Way: Magic Kingdom; The Crystal Palace (Character Breakfast); Columbia Harbour House (Counter Service Lunch); Narcoossee's (Signature Dining); Wishes

Day 3 - Illuminate The Possibilities: Downtown Disney; Cape May Cafe (Character Breakfast); Kouzzina by Cat Cora (Dinner); Illuminations: Reflections of Earth

Day 4 - Let It Go: Hollywood Studios; Chef Mickey's (Character Breakfast); Flying Fish Cafe (Signature Dining)

Day 5 - Jambo Jambo: Downtown Disney; Boma (Breakfast); Sanaa (Dinner)

Day 6 - Journey to Atlantis: Kennedy Space Center; Olivia's Cafe (Breakfast); Lunch with an Astronaut; Yachtsman Steakhouse (Signature Dining)

Day 7 - I'm A Firestarter: Blizzard Beach, 'Ohana (Character Breakfast); Warming Hut (lunch); Spirit of Aloha (Dinner Show)

Day 8 - Hello Tomorrow: Epcot; Akershus Royal Banquet (Character Breakfast); Whispering Canyon Cafe (Dinner)

Day 9 - Hootenanny: Downtown Disney; Fulton's Crab House (Signature Dining); Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue (Dinner Show)

Day 10 - Hellfire: Villains Unleashed; Hollywood Brown Derby (Signature Dining); Rosie's All-American Cafe (Counter Service); Fantasmic

Day 11 - Festival of Fantasy: Magic Kingdom; Cinderella's Royal Table (Character Breakfast); Pecos Bill (Counter Service Lunch); California Grill (Signature Dining); Wishes

Day 12 - The Lion Sleeps Tonight: Animal Kingdom; Tusker House (Character Lunch); Jiko -The Cooking Place (Signature Dining)

Day 13 - Been Around The World: Epcot World Showcase; Restaurant Marrakesh (Lunch); Frozen Fireworks

Day 14 - Do As Dreamers Do: Winter Summerland Miniature Golf; Magic Kingdom; Casey's Corner (Counter Service Lunch); Citricos (Signature Dining); Wishes

Day 15 - See You Real Soon: DisneyQuest; Crossroads at House of Blues (Lunch); Travel Day - MCO-ATL-LHR
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10

Edited at 12:20 PM.
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh Michelle so glad you've managed to get started!

Really looking forward to reading about your latest trip,
X
Old 2 Sep 14, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Looks amazing i can not wait to hear about this years holiday! xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks great, looking forward to reading your report. 😃
Old 2 Sep 14, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Can't wait to read all about it. Love your reports.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Excellent!

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Hi Michelle
I loved your last trip report, it had me hooked, I can't believe that I missed that you were off again this year, how did that happen?
Your photos are fantastic, last time I had to bookmark them so when hubby and sons came home I could show them, very creative.
Can't wait to read along.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate68
Getting Excited

Kate68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Really looking forward to reading this years trip report.
Regards, Kate
Kate68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Hey you guys! My first installment is up!

Day 0 - So It Begins: Premier Inn at Heathrow Airport
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

Ah brilliant! I've been following your adventures on Instagram so really please to read about them on here too.