Apprentice Imagineer

:) Need a rest now! & no more driving!

This was our little quickie to keep the kids quiet until october

Me (42)
Jo (DW43)
Dominic (DS10)
Fraser (DS6)

DAY 1 Mon 2 Aug

With the car loaded up we hit the road around 8.45 for the drive to Big London for the day, no dramas, toilet break at Watford Gap. I had begun to think that just parking up for an afternoon in Central London would make a big hole in my pocket but i fell lucky (ish), parked in Council ran car park on Park Lane (so no C-Charge), AND bonus- free park & ride shuttle, parked up and out by 12.30, driver took us to Piccadily Circus, from there we had a stroll around a few shops, and showed Dominic the big theatre signs, the boys had been cooped up in the car all morning so we had a walk down to Trafalgar Sq to let them chase a few pigeons, & see the fountains, Fraser wanted to climb on one of the Nelson's big Lion's for a Photo, but Jo was having none of it! . From there we went to Covent Garden to watch the Entertainers, then had a late lunch in Pizza Hut, Dominic decided he wanted to go back to Trafalgar to Splash in the fountains again, this suited me fine as I had bit of a plan. The boys splashed, Jo lit a Fag, so i said i nipping into the National Gallery to see the Turner's, well, as long as i saw 'Temeraire' I was happy, i was back 10mins later, satisfied. Next were Big Ben & Houses... via a walk along the thames, stopped at Horsesguards for a pic with a Guardsman, then the boys had a bit of a play in St James' Park while we had a coffee, by now we were cutting it fine with the parking, so it was back to the car just inside our time limit(6.45pm)! To avoid the C-charge i kept to the ring road thru Sarf London, arriving at Premier Inn Maidstone around 8.30pm, early night, ready for an early start & a LOOONNNNG day ahead.

DAY 2 Tue 3 Aug

Awake at 6am for the 1/2 hour drive to the Eurotunnel for a 7.20am crossing, got to Eurotunnel for 6.40, but still got put onto the 7.50 train, which was annoying! , hey ho! no further hiccups, off the train at 9.30 french time, 3hrs later (toll E20.20) and we're checking into the Kyriad, dump bags, then catch shuttle to the Disneyland Park, nice surprise for us as the Character Express was just coming down Main Street into Town Square, the boys were thrilled. Arriving at the hour we did i knew FP's & Queues were gonna be a bit of a problem, no FP's till 7.45pm! just got BTM, but got a lucky break, e-ticket didnt scan, so CM gave me 4FP's , so i decided i wud go to Buzz & get another 4! , right rides the boys wanted 'It' a Small World ' first, i keep telling myself they're gonna grow out of it! , then Casey Junior, Alices Labyrinth, Skipped Peter Pan (1hrQ), and went on Pirates (sign said 1hr, but q'd for 40min), Dominic wasn't happy at going on POTC & had a Paddy:, but enjoyed the ride, Fraser was crying all the way thru it & didnt like it! From here we went to Buzz lightyear ride to queue (FP was for later), then had a sit down, Beer & Bite to eat at Casey's Corner. Watched Mickey's Showtime Spectacular while we were sat, its an all-singing & Dancing show with Mickey & Friends & all the New Generation Crowd (Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Mike, Sully, Boo, Incredibles, Remy & Emile, Princess Tiana & Prince). By now it was nearly Parade time (7.15pm), I decided we would watch it from 'Small World', so we could try to hit the Big Fantasyland rides with smaller queues while the Parade was on Main Street, did, Teacups, Dumbo, then BTM with FP, Buzz with FP, Small World again, finally Peter Pan last ride before going to watch Fantillusion(10.25pm) by the Castle to see the Villian & Princess stops, followed by the Enchanted Fireworks which were very lovely. One day, just One day we WILL stay in the Disneyland Hotel to avoid that heavy walk & scrap on the Shuttle. Gets back to Kyriad pu boys to bed, then open the wine for a nightcap, end of a long day!

DAY 3 Weds 4 Aug

We had a relative lie in, up at 7.45, didn't have breakfast just snacked in the room, all showered & ready, packed the car & checked out, then got shuttle. Went straight to the Studios, they let us in early(9.40), to join the Crush Queue I think, it didnt begin to move until 10.00, Dominic was getting upset about going on it, so he sat with Jo, & Fraser with me, Jo isnt really into Coasters, but wanted to go on this one, midway thru the ride i heard a high pitched scream 'GET ME OFF THE RIDE! ', when we got off I asked how Dominic was, he loved it, Jo had been screaming! LOL. She was sweating, shaking & needed a ciggie, so I took the boys on Cars, then we all went on Carpets, went to see Cinemagique (11.15), first time we've seen this one, very clever & entertaining, then Animagique (12.00) always a favourite, before heading of to Cafe Mickey, we were a bit early (12.45), but still got sat straight away, the Characters were very attentive and recognised us as new guests instantly - we had Chip & Dale and Mickey before we got the menu's! , also had Goofy, Uncle Scrooge McDuck & Pinocchio & Gepeto. After this it was back to the Disneyland Park for a few more rides, it was a bit quieter today than the day before, but i still missed out on FP's, so we did Buzz, Star Tours, on the way I got FP for Space Mountain, coming out of Star Tours i walked straight onto Space mountain, then Small World, Peter Pan, Me & Dominic went on Pirates , while Jo & Fraser went to the Pirates Beach Playground. After some last minute shopping it was time to go to the car (5.30), wanted to get to the Eurotunnel Terminal in good time - they had a Deal on Blossom Hill, still managed to get on an earlier train (9.20pm french time), so we were back in the Maidstone Premier Inn at 9.30 (UK time), more wine then bed, next day would be a lie in!

DAY 4 Thur 5 Aug

Got Up around 8.30, lazy lie in really, watched the telly, Me & Jo Had the Full English Got on the Road around 10.00 headed for Woburn Safari Park, got there around 12 noon, spent about 1 hr driving thru the Animal reserves, then parked up to go see the penguins, sealions, and let the boys go in the play-zones. Set of for home around 4pm, finally getting home at 6.45pm.

So, plenty of excitement, a little bit of cullture, a thousand miles in 4 days, and here i am doing a Trippie at 4am! Am I mad, or just still hyper? (Don't answer that please)
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 10, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Sounds like an action packed but fun few days

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 10, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a great few days!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 10, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow! What an action packed few days you had!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 10, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

a few pics

facebook/album.php?ai...83281378&saved
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 10, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by jazzluvva View Post
Awwww... Do I *HAVE* to sign up to the security nightmare that is FaceBook just so I can see your pics?

Why not link them here?

Open the pic up on your page.
RIGHT click on it.
Get the Image URL (from properties if your using IE)

Then post it between two [IMG][/IMG] tags

For example...

[IMG]http://www.fredscorner.nl/mickey/icons/mickeymouse-fredscorner.bmp[/IMG]

gives...

Old 7 Aug 10, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

sorry, clued up on DLP, complete novice at forum attachments! ooops
Old 7 Aug 10, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyW
Imagineer

Great trippy, what a busy few days!

Amerihost Resort 2002, ASMovies May/June 2004, AKL 7/8 June 2004, ASMovies April 2006, DLRP Explorers Hotel Nov 2006, CB Aug 2008, Sequoia Lodge DLRP Aug 2009, POR Oct 2011, West Coast 2013, POR 2015, AMI 2015, DLC 2017, POR 2023
TracyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List