Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 20 Jan 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
screwy55
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Haggling - Price Match!

Hi all,

I spent most of this morning on emails, live chat and the good old phone trying to secure the best deal for the tickets I wanted.

I found that overall the vast majority of the companies price matched any offer I had from others - with some requiring a screenshot of prices.

I spent over 5k on tickets so I guess they had some margin to play with.

I eventually went with OAT (who I have used before) as they had the most 'freebies'.

So shop around and don't be afraid to ask for a deal.
screwy55 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CaliforniaKid
Helping Mickey

This definitely works. I've done it in the past with themeparktickets.co.uk (formerly Theme Park Tickets Direct) and they've price-matched, plus took an extra £5 off too. They still do it.

However, they won't price-match if the price includes a discount code / offer.

I too booked 14-day Disney tickets today with OAT, the free Gatorland tickets swung it as we are planning some 'outside the park' places this time.
CaliforniaKid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
CaliforniaKid
Helping Mickey

A separate note... a major travel agency employee told me today that their 14-day Disney tickets prices are set to go up in February. It was an internal memo, so can't say if this will be the same for other sellers, but the agency shares the same ticket supplier with others.

It's why I've decided to buy now while the prices are around £390 ad / £370 ch.
CaliforniaKid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t forget to factor in cashback...
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
nanouk77
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Don’t forget to factor in cashback...
What cashback sites would you recommend? TY.
nanouk77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
screwy55
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by nanouk77 View Post
What cashback sites would you recommend? TY.
I use Quidco. I think Disney, Floridatix and American Attractions are currently on there.

Remember though that cashback is never guaranteed.
screwy55 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
A separate note... a major travel agency employee told me today that their 14-day Disney tickets prices are set to go up in February. It was an internal memo, so can't say if this will be the same for other sellers, but the agency shares the same ticket supplier with others.
Disney's website implies that the ticket prices will increase after 5th February. See here:

disneyholidays/walt...world/tickets/

It says, "Our lowest price guaranteed until 5th February 2020".

Note that the tickets reduced in price at the end of November 2019. I suspect the price will be returning to what it was before November (I can't remember what it was - perhaps £419 for the 14-day tickets?).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’ve just cancelled my tickets that I ordered as I bought them last year deposit only. They have dropped quite a bit since I bought them and can now get them for about £300 less. (That’s for 4 adult tickets). I bought them around this time as there was talk of prices going up.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List