Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 26 Feb 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondi
Dancing with Tink'

DAS for IBS

I was wondering whether anyone knows whether it is possible to get a DAS pass at Disney for IBS and also whether Universal do such a thing?

My IBS has flared up quite aggressively over the past 12 months and whilst I am taking various steps to try to get it under control it is still an issue at the moment and I am beginning to worry about whether I will be able to stand in long queues when I go back in September. I wouldn't use it all the time just if I am having a "bad" day.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Bondi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve got symptoms that are similar to ibs. Also have bladder problems. I can last about 45mins without going to the toilet. If I have a drink I can go 4 times an hour!
I got a das pass. I explained everything to them, one of the cast members said to go get one after I had to leave a queue.

Just explain and ask them for one.
I’m going to get another one this year.
I ended up lucky. I used it three times in three weeks. The rest were low queues and fastpasses but knowing I have that should I need it makes it so less stressful
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

We don‘t use DAS for IBS ourselves, Bondy, but people do. I follow this lady on YouTube and she did a good video on IBS with a collaborator. Definitely do what makes the trip easy for you. Xx
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondi
Dancing with Tink'

Thank you very much - that makes me feel much better.

The problem I have is I can be absolutely fine one minute and then within about 10 minutes I can be starting a full flare up so it's quite unknown and that makes me much more stressed out which in turn makes it all worse! I think just having it would make me feel much better even if I never had to use it.

I'm definitely going to check out that video too!
Bondi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

I have Crohn’s disease but I know how debilitating IBS can also be definitely worth getting a DAS if you need it x
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

my OH has pretty bad crohns and we got a DAS in universal California.
in Orlando we just book hotel with express and Disney we just fastpass .. hes silly and wont ask he has always just left the line and missed the ride but getting one in Hollywood was super easy and hopefully will make him more likely to get in the future.

Lisa x