Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
I’m going to take the risk and make the booking via LGW to get the price and flights locked in as I’m booking a whole package.. Can I just ask that incase they do move to LHR with direct flights eventually and move everything over will I have to pay anymore? I’m under the impression if THEY cancel or reroute they are liable, but I’m not so sure.
If they move your flight from LGW to LHR they certainly can't charge you any extra. It's an interesting argument (to which I don't know the answer ) as to whether they are in breach of contract if they change airports. They can probably afford better lawyers than us Dibbers and will say they are contracted to take you from London to Orlando which they are doing.

Mick
Old 26 May 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks Mick. I just hope if they do change the flight from LGW to LHR they will be direct as DH won’t go indirect or pay anymore. In just need to secure the price for now and as long as if they ‘do’ change the departure airport then we are not incurring any further charges.
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m going to take the risk and make the booking via LGW to get the price and flights locked in as I’m booking a whole package.. Can I just ask that incase they do move to LHR with direct flights eventually and move everything over will I have to pay anymore? I’m under the impression if THEY cancel or reroute they are liable, but I’m not so sure.
Yes, as soon as our dates our out I think we book. The way I see it there are a few options:

1, They cancel the flight and refund the deposit.

2, They change to lhr, you can either accept the change or I think request a refund. Depends if they class this a major change.

3 They cancel the flight and re-route. Yes any price difference is up to them. I think you could also cancel at this point and get a refund.

4, No change and we fly from
Lgw.

The only option I wouldn’t really like is the total cancellation. As may have to then find flights that are more expensive but worth the risk. As long as I can get insurance and they say we can go we will.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Same here, as long as they refund the deposit it’s fine. I like the idea of a low cost deposit and that you don’t have to pay until 3 weeks before departure. Fingers crossed they remain at LGW. If people like us are booking up already then the demand will be there for them not to pull out of Gatwick. Fingers crossed. X
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Same here, as long as they refund the deposit it’s fine. I like the idea of a low cost deposit and that you don’t have to pay until 3 weeks before departure. Fingers crossed they remain at LGW. If people like us are booking up already then the demand will be there for them not to pull out of Gatwick. Fingers crossed. X
Yep, that’s my thoughts too. They currently (did) operate 2x daily flights to mco plus one to tpa. Yes there will probably be less demand but even if they cut it to one flight a day. Tbh, moving to lhr would be easier for us, but I quite like lgw.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Mick is correct. You can't book LHR-MCO (non-stop) unless and until BA makes the schedule change from LGW. It's only possible to book what is scheduled at a given moment. LHR-MCO will only be available indirect until then
Sorry forgot to say we’re not flying to Orlando , we’re flying into Vegas and then driving to Phoenix

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

We are looking to Re-book as soon as flights are out for next July would prefer if they were from LHR as we fly down from Inverness or Aberdeen and they don’t fly into Gatwick so have to change airports. We just need to get something booking to have something to look forward too 🛫
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

At the moment we will be going Gatwick -Tampa as they are coming out cheaper than Heathrow -Miami, will be booking soon as waiting for the dates to come out, I prefer to fly from Heathrow as closer than Gatwick, so if they do change, I would be happy (but not for the people who lose their jobs)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Just had a "don't reply to this" email from BA asking if I'm looking forward to our November flight to MCO.

There was however a link to contact them by email so I did ask when they might tell me whether it's from LGW or LHR. I'll post if I get a reliable answer from a person

The email also asked me to do my API No way Jose

Mick
Old 28 May 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Mobile

I much prefer lhr as only 40 mins from us, actually when we fly short haul I pay extra to go from lhr, just so much easier for us, we are flying from there twice this year 🙏
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List