Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Yeap, that's the common thought these days I think
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We used Ever After Holidays and had our refund in a week when it all went belly up.

Hays Travel (who Ever After are now part of) were voted the best for refunds by Money Saving Expert customers.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Thanks for that. I'll call them
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think the answer to the thread question "Trusted travel agents" is NONE OF THEM.

When the world finally needed to use the travel agents promise of "when it goes wrong we can sort out for you, if you DIY you'd be on your own" we quickly saw their promises where not worth a single red cent.

They've conned us for years into paying more for "security and peace of mind" which has been proven to not have been there.

The best way forward for everyone now is to ignore these charlatans and book direct using a credit card.

I'm sure we will have a few travel agents come on in " indignant rage" about this view. Before you do that please provide the stats that show your specific company refunded everyone within 14 days as required by law, if you can do this I will publicly apologize as you are a "good 'un" of course I'm pretty much certain I won't need to do this
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
I would not put any company between myself at the airline at this time and def not an obscure one. The savings are just not worth the headache if there's changes, cancellations etc..
This.

Dont put a third party between yourself and the provider. Pay with a credit card and understand if you book now while the FCO advice is in place it is likely you have no insurance cover.

I will be booking flight in the next few days (USA but not Florida) I will book Avios reward flights, if they go belly up my loss will be £75, I am happy with that.

Be careful and book with the supplier not an agency
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I think the answer to the thread question "Trusted travel agents" is NONE OF THEM.

When the world finally needed to use the travel agents promise of "when it goes wrong we can sort out for you, if you DIY you'd be on your own" we quickly saw their promises where not worth a single red cent.

They've conned us for years into paying more for "security and peace of mind" which has been proven to not have been there.

The best way forward for everyone now is to ignore these charlatans and book direct using a credit card.

I'm sure we will have a few travel agents come on in " indignant rage" about this view. Before you do that please provide the stats that show your specific company refunded everyone within 14 days as required by law, if you can do this I will publicly apologize as you are a "good 'un" of course I'm pretty much certain I won't need to do this
I'm not a travel agent but as I have already stated above, I got my money back within days from Ever After and I know that seems to be the experience across the board.

Also, we have had a really great experience with Jet2, again getting our money back in a week.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I'm not a travel agent but as I have already stated above, I got my money back within days from Ever After and I know that seems to be the experience across the board.

Also, we have had a really great experience with Jet2, again getting our money back in a week.
Thanks for this it's good to know. Jet2 are a provider aren't they? I'm not sure because I havent used them but dont they provide the holiday, they are not a travel agent?

EVer After have a good reputation on here.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

I also had a great response from Attraction ticket direct, and totally inept service from Travel Republic.
That's why I made the thread, some have been great, and deserve our service, while others I wouldn't touch again.
Old 7 Sep 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I agree with the other posters.

For years we were told about ‘security’, ‘peace of mind’ and all the other things that go with using a TA. Many thousands of people were let down and the situation continues for some.

What I have learned from this mess is to cut out the middle men as much as I possibly can.

My March vacation had 15 different service providers. When it went belly up, BA refunded me after 8 days and I clawed the other 14 back, only going to credit card chargeback with 1.

My August one had 11. American Airlines refunded after 7 days and I clawed the rest back pretty quick, resorting to chargeback on just one.

All was very simple. I feel vindicated in my long held distrust of middlemen. Apart from anything else, you have not placed all your eggs in the one basket, thus spreading your risk.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:44 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

It’s also important to be aware of the difference between a travel agent (eg Trailfinders) and a “shonky online airline ticket seller registered in who knows what country” which is what a lot of the third party sellers who come up in Sky scanner searches are. A common tactic is to advertise low prices, get you to book and give your card details and then ring you to say they were not line prices and the price is now £X so you have to pay or wait for a refund minus their admin fee. The Tripadvisor thread on he company in the OP suggests they have pulled that stunt on many people.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List