Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 Nov 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
I’ve been trying to remember which rides have an accessible vehicle so no transfer is needed - Kilimanjaro Safaris, Winnie the Pooh, Living with the Land, Toy Story Mania & Jungle Cruise come to mind.
You can add to this - Its a Small World & Mexico ride. I can't remember which others though.
Old 9 Nov 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I think that the practical things are workable around, the main point for us is the travel insurance. It is such a hard job trying to get this sorted. Last quote i had for DD was £3100 for a basic package. This all is individual though and depending on the type of problems you have. I would start looking around amd seeing if it is a possibility. X
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Scooter McDuck
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

I would like to apologise for the delay in reply. Things have been rather rubbish. However, BA have contacted us and said that it’s use it or lose it time so we have bitten the bullet and rebooked our cancelled flights from last year and booked up with DVC for a roll in shower accessible studio (except one night wasn’t available 🤞 for waistlist). But I can’t deny I’m really nervous. You guys have given me so much helpful info above thank you! I can even envisage it yet. From accessing magical express to hiring a car and getting a scooter that we can pack in the car. Getting someone to assist with luggage as I was Mr “I’ll manage 5 cases by myself”. I definitely don’t want my wife and kids pushing me around in my chair, it’s too hot for that. I also need to think through the practicalities of hiring a car and packing a scooter etc. But I also need to get on with finding travel insurance! 🤯 I was such a cool calm headed person once, this has all sent my brain to mush. I’m sure I’ll get there. But it’s all so alien to me at the moment. But thank you again for your generous advice and kind words 🙏
Scooter McDuck is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
velbels
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I am sure it will be a daunting trip and different from your previous experiences However I'm sure the practical details can be worked out. It sounds like you are part way there already. Take each task I've at a time. You've done flights and most of the accommodation. Now look at the insurance. Try not to think of the whole trip so you become overwhelmed just take it a little at a time. I'm sure you will have a great time.
velbels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I could so easily have written your post. Surgery for cancer has left me disabled, and I’m terrified about flying to FL and having a holiday there. I travel solo, also a DVC member, and am a wheelchair user if out for a trip. I can manage around the house on crutches, but have no stamina and pain stops me using them for any sort of distance.
I’m so glad you’ve rebooked! Well done for getting the accessible DVC room - I’m not sure how many of them are available. Please keep me updated on your progress (especially insurance)? I’m trying to pluck up the courage to book something for next year, but the thought of going alone and disabled terrifies me.
Jax1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List