Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Oct 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

I’m a bit confused (which isn’t difficult) just booked a trip to Orlando for September 21 (off site this time) I hope the borders will open by then. I will need to link MDE to the tickets. Do I need to book park reservations now? How do we know we will need a reservation then or do we wait?
Old 17 Jun 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I've just tried to use this. Its a nightmare. Booked the first day in Epcot, no problems. Cant book any other days as it says our tickets are not valid. Even though they come up as 14 day tickets. Its doing my head in now !
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

I'm getting so fed up now with trying to reserve my days. It is allowing me to reserve days but not my partner and yes he is on the booking. Phoned Disney yet again and went with the call back and yes you guessed it nothing back, I would think that 12 hours would be long enough for a call back!
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Don't know if this is answerable but anyone got a feel for the chances of getting the parks you want 60 days out for August 22?

Reason I ask is I'm thinking of splitting our stay. The first 7 nights will be onsite and I understand I can reserve the parks now. Second 7 nights we'd be off site and I understand I can't reserve theme parks for off site until the 60 day point. Would make the 14 day ticket a bit useless if nothing is likely to be available by then.

Edited at 02:56 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
Don't know if this is answerable but anyone got a feel for the chances of getting the parks you want 60 days out for August 22?

Reason I ask is I'm thinking of splitting our stay. The first 7 nights will be onsite and I understand I can reserve the parks now. Second 7 nights we'd be off site and I understand I can't reserve theme parks for off site until the 60 day point. Would make the 14 day ticket a bit useless if nothing is likely to be available by then.
There's no specific time limit for when you can make your park reservations, 60 days is for ADRs. You can book park days as soon as you've paid for your tickets. Or if staying onsite for at least part of your stay and purchasing tickets as part of a package, as soon as they link through into MDE.

Having said that, your chance of getting the park you want in August at 60 days out is 100%. Maybe 99.95% to allow for any special event days reducing the capacity, but that's highly unlikely in August. I am going in 12 days and every park is still available every day of my trip. It's really only the super busy periods like Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year that book up in advance now and even those aren't every park, every day. Mostly MK or HS will go first.

Edited at 03:06 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
There's no specific time limit for when you can make your park reservations, 60 days is for ADRs. You can book park days as soon as you've paid for your tickets. Or if staying onsite for at least part of your stay and purchasing tickets as part of a package, as soon as they link through into MDE.

Having said that, your chance of getting the park you want in August at 60 days out is 100%. Maybe 99.95% to allow for any special event days reducing the capacity, but that's highly unlikely in August. I am going in 12 days and every park is still available every day of my trip. It's really only the super busy periods like Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year that book up in advance now and even those aren't every park, every day. Mostly MK or HS will go first.
That's strange. I called earlier to reduce my OKW stay from 14 to 7 nights and the agent was very specific in saying I'd lose facility to book now for the last 7 days of my ultimate ticket.

Must admit I did think it was strange and not very helpful of them. I'll give them another ring...
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
That's strange. I called earlier to reduce my OKW stay from 14 to 7 nights and the agent was very specific in saying I'd lose facility to book now for the last 7 days of my ultimate ticket.

Must admit I did think it was strange and not very helpful of them. I'll give them another ring...
It may be that they're changing the policy for new bookings and the CM said 60 days as that's when you pay your balance, therefore releasing the tickets. But certainly wasn't the case with my existing 2022 booking, I could book additional days beyond the length of my stay.

Also the CM could just be wrong. I had a CM tell me multiple times that I had to book December 2022 immediately because they would book out. This was back in July, when Christmas 2021 wasn't even booked up.

Edited at 03:32 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It may be that they're changing the policy for new bookings and the CM said 60 days as that's when you pay your balance, therefore releasing the tickets. But certainly wasn't the case with my existing 2022 booking, I could book additional days beyond the length of my stay.

Also the CM could just be wrong. I had a CM tell me multiple times that I had to book December 2022 immediately because they would book out. This was back in July, when Christmas 2021 wasn't even booked up.
Yes, will be interesting to see what the next one says! But even if it is 60 days I'm thinking like you that there should be availability 60 days out. Else they'd have to stop selling tickets!
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

I called to change ours actually twice last week lol

We have had to change dates and Saratoga wasn’t available 😞 so changed to Contemporary in hope could change back. All changed fine kept all my 50th anniversary perks etc.

On looking at dates that evening realised out of our 2 weeks Saratoga was only ‘sold out’ one night out of 14 and was our first night.

Got excited called next day asked if I could change back to SSR and cut my stay from 14 to 12 nights. The cast member started to process then tried to push me to buying genie plus, explained I didn’t want it as we will only use prob 4 days once each park and wing it other visits. She got really pushy and line went dead 🤷

Called straight back got my 12 days sorted asked her to go through invoice and she didn’t mention dining credit and she went onto say oh you will loose it and have amendment fee to pay 🙈 explained amendments were free? And I was told I could change add take away dates but keep my 50th anniversary deal. On hold this time and she came back to confirm all ok, got her to keep repeating to make sure! Goes to show though some are less knowledgable than others although this member was lovely and so nice to speak to and apologised also didn’t even mention genie plus!

We were considering doing 12 nights Disney 2 universal so will now do 2 nights universal and 12 disney. Just glad I got SSR still with offer!

She also advised me to go on and book all my parks now 🙂
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsTCP
Looking for my Ears

Disney Park Reservation and tickets

Hi

I'm hoping someone maybe able to help me. We have just booked to go to Orlando in August 2022. We are a group of 5, 2 adults and our 3 children (10,10 & 9). We are staying in a villa so not in a Disney park hotel.

We are wanting to do the 14 days Disney ticket but have noted that there are now many differences from our last trip. Gene+ etc.

Having read lots of threads on booking and reservations I'm assuming that we'll still need to make a reservation for a park for each day of our trip?

My husband and I have not been since 2019 and much seems to have changed!

Do we need to purchase our park tickets now to ensure we can gain entry to the parks in August? Has anyone been and not used the gene+ booking system?

We've always been in the UK school holidays and therefore have had to Q apart from our 3 FastPass rides. Are the Qs much longer for rides now?

Sorry for all the questions! We just want to ensure we don't arrive in Orlando and find that we a) can't get into any of the parks as they have been pre booked and b) are the gene+ a must have?

Many thanks inadvance.

Tamsin
MrsTCP is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List