Closed Thread

Old 3 Oct 11, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
AbundantBee
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
DLA Renewal

I sent the form off to renew DS's DLA 5 weeks ago and after hearing how people are being turned down etc, I was worrying that we'd have the same problem. Just got the letter today - he's been awarded higher rate care and low rate mobility. Whew - such a relief
Old 3 Oct 11, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkies
Very Serious Dibber

I know how you feel i am really nervous every time we have to reapply for this and am relieved when it all comes through fine. We have a young daughter with down syndrome and one thing which makes me really cross is the question i get asked every time is does your child still have this disability? .:angry::angry: It makes me so cross when people get this benefit for minor things and the people that genuinely have a disability always seem to struggle. Ok thats me done rant over
Old 3 Oct 11, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Great news...i had the same worry in May but our decision took 7 weeks tho DS only got middle rate and low rate motability
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by twinkies View Post
I know how you feel i am really nervous every time we have to reapply for this and am relieved when it all comes through fine. We have a young daughter with down syndrome and one thing which makes me really cross is the question i get asked every time is does your child still have this disability? .:angry::angry: It makes me so cross when people get this benefit for minor things and the people that genuinely have a disability always seem to struggle. Ok thats me done rant over
This annoys me as well. My DD has autism and I write on the form everytime that it is a lifelong disability but I suppose they have to ask these questions in case someone is claiming DLA and they have an illness which can improve overtime and they need less care and they become more mobile. I have copied my DD last application so I can use it next time we have to apply, which will be this time next year.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread