Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 8 Nov 17, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Don't forget (so long as you're on your second car) you'll get to keep the car for 6 months (free) or receive a £2000 transition payment.

If you take the £2,000 and then find your appeal successful you'll need to wait 6 months before applying for another car.

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Scully View Post
Don't forget (so long as you're on your second car) you'll get to keep the car for 6 months (free) or receive a £2000 transition payment.

If you take the £2,000 and then find your appeal successful you'll need to wait 6 months before applying for another car.
First of all thank you everyone for your replies the dibb is great.

This is Abbs wife this is his first car it was ordered last November but with waiting times and order messed up we only got it in May and was then contacted in July for PIP.

We went to see his Doctor this morning he is in so much pain with his back and neck he couldnt sit down and nearly passed out waiting.
He was standing talking to the Doctor and started crying i have never seen him this way before.

He was given Morphine patches and was so exhausted he is asleep now on the sofa.
He also has a high risk of stoke because he has had some of his arteries supplying blood to the brain removed i am so worried while i am at work one day he will have a stoke and die on his own from the stress.

I have wrote all this on his form unfortunately i dont have a degree in PIP form writing and i think they just dont care its all about cuts your just a number.

All he talks about now is PIP and being stuck in the house 24/7.
We had 39 days of him so bad he never left the house i nag him so much to go out for some fresh air but i just get it in the neck that he is in to much pain.
CAB in Belfast next appointment 4 days after the letter needs to be back also the Doctor said its going to cost around £80 to £100 for he info he needs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I am so sorry to hear how this has affected your husband's health. Sadly, I am not surprised. This is very stressful for anyone to deal with, without even considering the pain your husband suffers with on a daily basis.

Please make the appointment with CAB even though it is after the return date. You must ring the number on the front of your notification letter and ask for an extension. Tell them you have an appointment with CAB and need extra time to get the MR back. They will grant an extension as long as you ring but it is very important that you phone them.

Please make sure the advisor at CAB is told exactly how the illnesses affect your husband day by day. They need to know that he is not able to do daily tasks, not just a list of illnesses and medication. The advisor should be able to help you with all the various questions regarding how it affects abbs. Maybe if you wanted to, you could take rough notes with you to help too. Such as how long abbs can stand and if he is able to lift a heavy saucepan, if he needs help to get into a bath or if he can go out without someone to help him or catch a bus without help.

I do wish you luck, any questions just ask. It is a horrible ordeal I know but CAB will help with all paperwork.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List