Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 27 Jan 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ChloeFZ
Helping Minnie

3 day ticket - when to start it from

We’re booked for 2 weeks mid to end August. Three of us have 14 day passes but my husband only wants a 3 day pass. Undercover Tourist currently have a great deal on - £259 for a 3 day ticket with 5 day window. However, I can’t for the life of me think how best to organise this. What day should I get my husband’s ticket to start from? Sadly the crowd calendars haven’t been released yet but I’m keen to grab the Undercover Tourist deal now. A big factor in deciding will be the quietest day for Hollywood Studios because of Rise of the Resistance. Maybe I should just base it around that…

Thanks for reading!
ChloeFZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Could you not buy the ticket without a start date? Then it would only be activated on first use? Gives you maximum flexibility then?
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ChloeFZ
Helping Minnie

Oh that would be ideal but I didn't realise you could even do that! I'll look at Undercover Tourist in more detail.
ChloeFZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Ive just had a quick look on their website. It is possible but you have to pay extra which might make the good deal not such a good deal
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ChloeFZ
Helping Minnie

Ahh thanks so much for checking. Think I might need to read up on Rise of the Resistance/Hollywood Studios busy days and just work it around that.
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

The DIBB busy day guide is up for August so you could have a quick look at that & try to work it out from there...I would just plan to avoid the weekends tbh...it will be pretty busy most days but more likely to be bombed Saturday & Sunday x
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ChloeFZ
Helping Minnie

Thanks so much! The site I was looking on was only showing crowd calendars up until June - I should have looked at the Dibb in the first place! Brilliant, that's a big help x
Old 27 Jan 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The DIBB's busy day guide generally recommends Hollywood Studios on Mondays. Although do remember that all these recommendations and busy days are guesses.

The crowds should be slightly less in your second week compared to your first week - the end of August is usually a little quieter than mid August.

So perhaps book the 3 day ticket to start on Monday 24th August, maybe?

(Obviously, it does mean that for over half your holiday your husband won't be able to join you in the parks).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ChloeFZ
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks Nimbus! I was thinking exactly along those lines- judging from our last two visits, the closer to the end of Aug, the quieter it gets. Think I’ll go along to HS the previous Monday as well with my parents, so that I get two attempts at Rise of the Resistance.
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Have you looked on the USA Disney site, I've found booking limited day tickets cheaper on there then Undercover tourist.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List