Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi Mick

I’m fortunate enough to not be stuck as many DH never let me book to go this year as he kept saying we needed to wait until 2021. I’m so glad I never talked him into it (I eventually usually get my way &#128512 or we would have been part of all the poor people to have their dreams ruined. We would have booked to go yesterday otherwise. I’m so sorry your holiday has been postponed with changes to flights etc. I need something to focus on and have nothing to look forward to (as many others the same). After the announcement of VA pulling from LGW I need to do my research in the event if we are able to book for next year!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Are you stuck with Virgin then? As you know you'll need to wait for 333 days out to see prices.

We were due with VS from LGW two weeks ago and plans to go with BA in Nov currently from LGW but that may change to LHR

Mick
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

When we've flown out of Manchester,we've stopped in the Premier Inn South,on Runger lane which is across the road and park in the meet and greet on the airport,easy to book in and when you land you only have to walk across the road from the terminal.This hotel also has a restaurant for evening meals and both types of breakfast.Worth a look.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you. We won’t be driving as we will be coming on the National Express Bus. So my idea is to do twighlight check in and then go over to the hotel which ideally needs to be in walking distance as I’ll have 2 young kids with me. And then in the morning we can just walk over. Can you do this at the premier inn south?

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
When we've flown out of Manchester,we've stopped in the Premier Inn South,on Runger lane which is across the road and park in the meet and greet on the airport,easy to book in and when you land you only have to walk across the road from the terminal.This hotel also has a restaurant for evening meals and both types of breakfast.Worth a look.
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

You can’t walk to the terminal from premier inn.( north or south )
It will cost £6 each way in a taxi to and from the airport.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Mobile

Have stayed several times at Raddison and premier inn north . Premier in usually have some very good deals when u book well in advance . When staying at Raddison we usually get the room with runway view and lounge access . We have decided that it really is overpriced. Will hopefully have more competition in the future when the new hotels are built .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Plonks
Trainee Dibber

Plonks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
Hello all

As they won’t be operating from Gatwick I need to start doing my research on booking from Manchester when everything has calmed down. I hope some of you kind dibbers can help. Some things I can’t find info on online.

What’s the nearest hotel within walking distance to the terminal? As previously stayed at premier inn at Gatwick looking at similar?

Do they have twighlight check in?

Is the V room similar to the one at LGW?

thanks in advance
Hi Aarti,
We always fly from Manchester when travelling to Florida, we normally stay at Premier Inn Heald Green (free overnight car parking) and then use Manchester Airport official Meet & Greet car parking. Never had any issues with using either Premier Inn or Meet & Greet, make sure you use the official M&G T2.
We have used the Vroom at Manchester and found it very good, sorry but I can’t compare to Gatwick as not used Vroom there.
Hope this helps

Paul
Plonks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
bullandog
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Well been doing some dummy bookings today and Virgin have removed all economy and premium seats for sale in October November on the Manchester direct flights to MCO. They currently show as sold out, I’m currently booked on one of these flights and lots of seat selection when I look at my booking. The indirect route is still showing and can book via Atlanta. I’m not sure if Virgin are planning aircraft changes and not selling anymore seats or if the direct route is being axed.
bullandog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Do you know if they still do twighlight check in as I cannot see it anywhere online?

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
we are supposed to be flying in 10days (sob!) with virgin from MAN. Instead, we are going in feb. We have literally transferred everything - so, we are staying at the Premier Inn R.Lane South and are getting the train to the airport as there are six of us so we would have to take two cars and my daughter has horrendous travel sickness in cars. We will be doing twilight check in (4-8pm) then getting a taxi (approx £6 apparently and is 5min) to P.Inn. We have bought the meal deal and therefore the children get breakfast free the next day (saving us from buying a lounge pass). The P.Inn also has a shuttle that takes you over to the airport but its £3 or £4 per adult i believe.

by the time we priced up and paid ... 2 a 4c (15,14, 12, 11) its £134.90 for 2 rooms, 2x 2course adult meals with a drink and 6 x breakfast
Old 19 May 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
Do you know if they still do twighlight check in as I cannot see it anywhere online?
No, that ended last year
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TillySmith
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
No, that ended last year
We used the twilight check in at Manchester in February this year, as usual no one in the queue.

Pam
TillySmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List