Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 May 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile 2021 no thanks I'll wait now for 2022.

So we were all ready to book for 2021. Holiday approved with schools, all set then Coronavirus hit. Can I ask is anyone else more scared of booking for next year as the parks will now be heaving with families who have changed their booking from 2020 to 2021 and those of us who had all set ready to book for 2021. I can't see myself paying thousands of pounds to wear a face mask round a park and not get the same experience as I have done previously.
Is it just me or is anyone else now holding off for 2022. On a plus if we wait we get a Disney Cruise thrown in for good measure. I have never been on a Disney cruise so am gutted but ecstatic at the same time.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m hoping to go August next year. It’s still a long time away and things are changing so quickly! Goodness knows what will be happening by then. I’m going to pay a deposit for Disney and a deposit for a BA flydrive and see what happens.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

We had been planning on going next year but won’t now , as you say not paying all that money for what might be less of an experience. I don’t want to be wearing masks or not being able to have my kids hug characters. I worry about the speed in which things have reopened in the US compared to other countries. Only time will tell if they were right or wrong.
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

We're planning to go next year, either in Jan/Feb or May and then again in October.

It's hard to know what crowds will be like. You could look at it that many people will have cancelled this year and rebooked for next or that a lot of people just may not have the funds to travel due to unemployment or Disney's ever increasing prices or both!

We plan to go regardless as long as this virus calms down and we don't have to wear masks, that would be far worse in the heat than crowds for me

Edited at 08:37 AM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LMHx
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Hoping to go June 2021, haven’t booked anything yet. Not sure when to start booking to be honest!
LMHx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

I am still very undecided. We were going in August 2021 (nothing booked was waiting for free dining to be released) but are now thinking 2022. However, if things start to look positive and a free dining deal is released and flight prices look stable (and are running when Disney offers come out) then we might rethink... hahaha so indecisive!
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Disney is always busy. Might as well go in to 2021 assuming it’s open!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bungle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
So we were all ready to book for 2021. Holiday approved with schools, all set then Coronavirus hit. Can I ask is anyone else more scared of booking for next year as the parks will now be heaving with families who have changed their booking from 2020 to 2021 and those of us who had all set ready to book for 2021. I can't see myself paying thousands of pounds to wear a face mask round a park and not get the same experience as I have done previously.
Is it just me or is anyone else now holding off for 2022. On a plus if we wait we get a Disney Cruise thrown in for good measure. I have never been on a Disney cruise so am gutted but ecstatic at the same time.
Yes, we were meant to be going this July, but now July 2022!

Lake Berkley 2006,Cumbrian Lakes 2007,Emerald Island 2009,Lake Berkley 2010 & 2012, Bella Vida 2014, Veranda Palms 2016 & 2018, Formosa Gardens 2022
Bungle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Were were all set for 2021 but putting back until 2022. At first this was for financial reasons due to not working due to CV but in all honesty if I had the money I’d still hold off. Too much uncertainty. It will be busy bin 2021 but probably busier 2022.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I was never going to go next year because of the anniversary crowds.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List