Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
abfatboy
Trying for More Ears

Email from BA ref August flights - thoughts?

Good afternoon, I received an email from BA today regarding our Aug 27th flight from LGW to TPA.

Do you think this is a precursor to a flight cancellation, BA customer service advising us of our options or something else?

Dear Customer,

We understand that you may have questions about your upcoming travel at the moment, and we wanted to reassure you that we’re working around the clock to help our customers.

You’re currently due to travel to Tampa on 27 August 2020, however due to the continuously changing situation, we wanted to let you know that if you’d like to change the date or destination of your trip and you booked directly with British Airways - you can apply for a voucher online here. This can be redeemed against future travel, for flights taken up until 30 April 2022.

British Airways Holidays bookings can be exchanged for vouchers too, you can find more information here.

If you’ve booked through a travel agent, please contact them directly.

If you are midway through your journey and wish to change your dates of travel, please go to Manage My Booking. If you’re away from home and wish to return imminently, some one-way fares are available directly on ba.com.

Before you fly, please continue to check Manage My Booking for the very latest status of your flight. For the latest information on coronavirus, including answers to frequently asked questions, please go to  ba/coronavirus.

Thank you for choosing to fly with us, we appreciate this is an uncertain time for many of our customers and we’d like to thank you for your understanding.

British Airways
abfatboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Seems rather strange! Are they expecting industrial problems maybe as the date for firing all their staff is fast approaching.

I thought it strange that many on here were having flights cancelled 6 or 7 weeks prior to them taking off.

Something no right with BA!
Old 16 Jun 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I got the same.

Didn’t they already extend amendments through the end of August and this is just the official confirmation?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I took it as them officially telling people they can claim a voucher for August flights. For most people It’ll be the first time they’ve been made aware of it.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2014
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had the same email too I’m flying to Europe so who knows what it is I hope mines cancelled as I would like to money back to put on trip to Florida and also don’t have any accommodation now as I cancelled that.
Mickey2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
abfatboy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I got the same.

Didn’t they already extend amendments through the end of August and this is just the official confirmation?
Those were my initial thoughts too but I'm a little paranoid these days!

thanks
abfatboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve had the same e-mail - we should be on the Tampa flight the day before you on the 26th.

We’ve only paid a deposit so far so not sure if we can claim a voucher for it.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I got the same for disneyland paris 31st aug, I've just asked for a voucher.
I asked if we could use it to pay balance on trip to Florida in october and its a no, you can only use it for new booking after requesting it!

Edited at 03:45 PM.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
muppster
Excited about Disney

I'd suggest they are probably in receipt of information that makes it unlikely that they will be able to operate flights with passengers to certain destinations in the near future. ie with the Fauci statement and the possibility that UK citizens will not be allowed travel to the US for many months, or the fact that case numbers are rising in some places (including a lot of the US, Florida especially) that the FCO will keep restrictions to certain places if it lifts the current blanket "don't travel" advice.
muppster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had the same e-mail for my June Toronto flight - two weeks later they cancelled the flight and I called for a refund.

I also received the e-mail for my Slovenia August flight. Holding out for the cancellation notice.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List