Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Sep 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A lot of manual refunds for BA are done by the "back office" in India and many of their staff are only just returning after an extended period of lockdown. For those of you who have been waiting for a while it may be worth having a look on Flyertalk BA to get further information if you haven't done so already

Please don't shoot the messenger I am only trying to give some background to the situation.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
A lot of manual refunds for BA are done by the "back office" in India and many of their staff are only just returning after an extended period of lockdown. For those of you who have been waiting for a while it may be worth having a look on Flyertalk BA to get further information if you haven't done so already

Please don't shoot the messenger I am only trying to give some background to the situation.
I want to say a big thanks to you Stanleycamel for your updates on this forum , you have been a great help in giving some background into what has been going on especially regarding BA comms
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Xolile View Post
I’m another one waiting since July 29th. I have chased it up on Twitter, live chat and even called them yesterday but keep getting told that it’s been sent to their finance department and they’ve expedited my case bla bla bla still no refund.

I think that if your booking is complicated in the slightest manner then they are not able to refund you automatically and it has to be done manually and therein lies the problem. My bookng was a through fare ticket from Lerwick -Edinburgh - London - Orlando flying Logan air on the first leg and BA for the rest of the journey. I also got money off my booking with Avios and that part of the refund has been processed but not the cash. Yesterday, the gentleman I spoke to apologised profusely and promised to escalate the refund (again 😀&#128512 and to expect it within the next 7 to 14 days. Fingers crossed.
I thought mine would just be a simple refund as it was a direct flight out from LGW-MCO and then MCO-LGW on the way home, no stopovers whatsoever but apparently the issue with mine was Avios? Not sure why Avios would cause a problem but I’ve had enough of waiting! I’m hoping that if I have to talk to them again then I can mention I lodged a complaint and that might make them move a bit faster!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post

Thank you, I’ll take a look on there

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

If phoning BA doesn't work why not try complaining via RESOLVER its worked for me a couple of times with refund issues

moneysavingexpert/site/resolver/
neil1489 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

oh im sorry to hear its taking so long. our October flight was cancelled and i telephoned and got a refund within two weeks. maybe its worth ringing them?

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Xolile
Trying for More Ears

Just a quick update for anyone still waiting, mine appeared on my credit card this morning dated 25th August which is the same dated my avios were credited back. I reckon it must have been sitting in a queue waiting to be approved/allocated. Hopefully, this means they’ve started processing all the other ‘manual’ refunds.
Xolile is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Woo! Its a relief when its been refunded.

I am booked for Florida in April 2021 flights and car hire with BA. Hopefully if it needs cancelling I won't have the same issues.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Finally got our seat refund yesterday.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Still waiting for our flight refund. 5 weeks today 😕
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List