Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Brewers
Excited about Disney

Is this enough time to change at Philadelphia?

I'm looking at landing on a Tuesday evening in August in Philly at 19:43 & the connecting flight to Manchester is 21:10, do you think this will give us enough time? We'll be travelling with hand luggage only.

Thanks in advance.
Brewers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I make that 1 hr 27min? Luggage won’t make much difference on a return flight and there is no immigration so you should be fine.

Bear in mind boarding starts a good 30 minutes before departure so go straight to the gate.

Edited at 12:23 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Not for me I won’t look,at anything less than 2 hours on the way home particularly in the summer months afternoon thunderstorms can play havoc with flights
The luggage makes no difference on the way home as it’s chevked all the way through
Some will say it’s fine but it’s a long wait till the next flight to Manchester if you miss it
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

As gryff says, the risk is that the Orlando flight is delayed. Is there an earlier Orlando flight that links up with the same Manchester flight.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Excited about Disney

We have done a similar return flight time and we found it not a problem.
Hecky78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Brewers
Excited about Disney

Cheers everyone, much appreciated, I'd prefer the earlier flight from Orlando, Mrs Brewers wants this one... so I guess we know which one it'll be!

Edited at 12:57 PM.
Brewers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

I'd opt for an earlier flight. Philli airport is really nice with a good food court. Have done this a couple of times and taken the 2pm flight from MCO. The time honestly passes quickly once you've had a mooch and a meal. I'd sooner spend the time in the airport than fretting I would miss my connecion to the UK.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I agree with the concerns about the flight from Orlando being delayed - I've had a couple of delayed flights flying out from Orlando (one to Newark one to Washington DC) and it's not fun when you become worried about missing your connecting flight, especially if the connecting flight is the last one of the day (as was the case for my DC connection where I practically ran through the airport with my hand luggage and only just got to the gate as boading was almost done)!

I'd try for 2 hours at least for a more stress free experience...
Old 26 Sep 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

The flight times are almost bound to change between now and next August as all airlines are constantly amending their schedules in response to customer demand (or lack of), so I honestly wouldn’t worry too much
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Brewers View Post
I'm looking at landing on a Tuesday evening in August in Philly at 19:43 & the connecting flight to Manchester is 21:10, do you think this will give us enough time? We'll be travelling with hand luggage only.

Thanks in advance.
For a return flight at philly that’s plenty. Did a 50 min change there and still had time for a quick cheese steak 😂
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List