Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

2 year olds face masks at WDW

Just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat and considering taking a toddler to WDW in 2021 and worrying themselves silly over face masks?

It will be a total deal breaker for us , although she will be 3 , she will certainly not want / nor understand that she has to wear a face mask at all times except eating.
It just won't happen , no judgement to parents who have managed it out there but I just know it will be a big fat no no for us.

I personally think face masks & social distancing will be the last things on the list that will change so I just hope that they might up the age on it like they have done here. I can only hope.

Any other families with toddlers having the same concerns?
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

If i could turn the clock back, it would have been a deal breaker for me

Having said that i think ours were 8ish before the first trip, as my judgement was that they would ‘get it’ more.

Had Paris been open, I would probably gone there at age 3.

Disney332
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think it will be so hard to expect a child of 3 to wear a mask, but as Disney have no exceptions at all, it's a case of wearing one or you don't go. It's going to be a tough call to go all that way and not be able to do Disney if your child refuses to wear one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Obviously things could change but I was reading an article about Florida moving into stage 3 and they suggested that some of the mandates could be dropped soon as in masks and limited capacity .
It was on Apple news
Old 28 Sep 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Obviously things could change but I was reading an article about Florida moving into stage 3 and they suggested that some of the mandates could be dropped soon as in masks and limited capacity .
It was on Apple news
Disney have made it clear that there are no rule changes for now. We never had a statewide mask mandate. DeSantis appears to be sucking up to Trump at the moment. They are either county or individual business rules. Removing the requirement now could actually harm some businesses as people may not feel safe to visit. I think a big issue for Disney will also be union negotiations. Staff safety if guests don't wear masks will be a big issue. Just getting performers back on stage has been a huge problem.

Obviously rules for next year are a complete unknown at this point.

A friend has a completely deaf 4 year old who also has behavioral issues. She thought a mask was a complete no go for him and avoided the parks for awhile. She has now sewn masks onto baseball caps and a homemade hood and finds he tolerates these remarkably well. I have seen plenty of young children wearing masks in the parks as well.
Old 28 Sep 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Disney have made it clear that there are no rule changes for now. We never had a statewide mask mandate. DeSantis appears to be sucking up to Trump at the moment. They are either county or individual business rules. Removing the requirement now could actually harm some businesses as people may not feel safe to visit. I think a big issue for Disney will also be union negotiations. Staff safety if guests don't wear masks will be a big issue. Just getting performers back on stage has been a huge problem.

Obviously rules for next year are a complete unknown at this point.

A friend has a completely deaf 4 year old who also has behavioral issues. She thought a mask was a complete no go for him and avoided the parks for awhile. She has now sewn masks onto baseball caps and a homemade hood and finds he tolerates these remarkably well. I have seen plenty of young children wearing masks in the parks as well.
I did say it was “suggested” , I’m only going by what I read today and they did mention Disney specifically, not just Florida .
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

The Americans have gone mad with mask restrictions for 2 year olds.

We are supposed to be going in Feb with our 3 yo and if mask restrictions are still in place we won't be going into the parks
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
The Americans have gone mad with mask restrictions for 2 year olds.

We are supposed to be going in Feb with our 3 yo and if mask restrictions are still in place we won't be going into the parks
It's not just the US, we went to Turkey and it's the same there.

Mine are now older but if I still had a toddler it would be a no go for us.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Perhaps those of you with littlies could go to DLP instead as the age for masks there is 11 upwards.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

I have just had my dream shattered. My 18 yr old has mental health conditions and autism, and struggles to even wear a mask in the supermarket. She wears a sunflower lanyard. No way would she be able to cope with wearing one all day in the parks.
I hadn’t realised there were no excemptions allowed 😳
I guess I’ll stop looking at flights now until I’m sure the masks will be over with. 😢