Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

manchester flights 2021

has anybody had any luck getting a good deal from Manchester next year?

I got a great price for May but have decided to move it to September and looking at the calendar view, the prices across 2021 have doubled since I booked

The price I booked Premium seats for May is now significantly less than what the Economy seats are for the whole year

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post

I got a great price for May but have decided to move it to September and looking at the calendar view, the prices across 2021 have doubled since I booked

The price I booked Premium seats for May is now significantly less than what the Economy seats are for the whole year
Hey ...I paid £595 each direct with virgin for beginning of school hols 18th July ...but that price was a couple of weeks ago
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Hey ...I paid £595 each direct with virgin for beginning of school hols 18th July ...but that price was a couple of weeks ago
Unbeatable for start of school holidays (direct from Manchester). Well done!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Nope. I’ve just booked to fly from Heathrow. It’s saving me over £2k! I’d rather travel to save that kind of money. Manchester is a rip off at the moment.
Hope you find something though. I’m flying August so September should be cheaper. X
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post

A good deal direct from Manchester in the summer holidays is very hard to find.
Manc1979 getting it for £595 is a great price.
I’ve just paid £740 for the 1st-15th August with Delta.
That’s Economy Delight so free seats and slightly more legroom.
I was stuck with my dates and wanted to go direct from Manchester.
I paid £765 last year with Virgin for just Economy Classic, so better than last year but still expensive.
It may have been cheaper if I’d waited but wanted to get it sorted so I could book the Villa I wanted.
We’re all losing a full year of holibobs, so not that bothered about paying slightly more to get what we wanted. 😎
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donnalou36 View Post
Nope. I’ve just booked to fly from Heathrow. It’s saving me over £2k! I’d rather travel to save that kind of money. Manchester is a rip off at the moment.
Hope you find something though. I’m flying August so September should be cheaper. X
An uber from my house to Heathrow is £300 each way I might be tempted if the price is significantly better

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We've booked for middle of August next year, Man - MCO via Philadelphia with AA, 15 days group S car hire and seats booked for all flights. Booked with BA, it was £3k in total for 4 of us, which is more than we have paid for the last few years, but i am happy with it, and it gives us something to look forward to!
Old 6 Oct 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We got a fair price from VH for the third week in August from Man to MCO direct as part of a fly drive - I'm not saying how much but as long as I can direct for less than £1k per person (including 2 weeks car) then I book it.
Old 6 Oct 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Was looking to fly from Manchester as closer to us, but prices were just silly. Saved quite a chunk flying from Gatwick. We always go the night before and stay nearby, even to Manchester which is only an hour and half away, plus we have a huge comfy car so the drive is nothing.

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We rebooked in August for June 2021 and paid £690 for premium economy which I'm happy with.

I prefer Manchester as it's a lot nearer than Heathrow for us but if the price was a lot better then I would be willing to go from there. I'd need to factor in the cost of a minibus or extra night at a hotel though as there's no way we could drive all the way home after a night flight.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List