Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Oct 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by spinone lover View Post
I don’t need a Disney fix I just want to return to a property we’ve owned for over 20 years.
We are in the same position, I have a small monitor on my desk with CCTV of our Florida house so I can see when it's sunny (most of the time! ).

Jonathan

---
44 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
I must be one of the selfish ones then. My family went on holiday to Greece. We took all of the same precautions we would if we were going to Tesco or indeed going to work given we’ve both worked right through the pandemic.

My husband and I are both serving in the military - we’ve made plenty of sacrifices over the years, but for us, we never know when we’ll deploy again for 6 months, so will we take the opportunity to holiday with our son when it’s available? Yes. Does that mean I don’t care about people who have lost their lives due to COVID? No.

Bit of a ridiculous statement really.
Thank you for your service and I hope you have many more holidays with your son.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

I am confused when people say that it’s selfish to do the things that make life worth living because of the virus, unless I’m missing something there is no vaccine, no date for a vaccine and a good chance this virus could be circulating for years! Although I hope that is not the case!
We make choices everyday that potentially could mean we put our lives at risk and we don’t spend days, weeks, months, years shielding from it.
It’s a personal choice how we live our lives with or without a pandemic and that doesn’t make any of us more or less empathetic towards the poor families and people who have died or are dying.
We are not guaranteed next year whether or not it’s the virus or something different so it’s important to live your life today.
Personally I have not had family Or friends die directly from the virus however I have had family members die as a result of their cancer treatment being cancelled because of the virus.
I’m not saying there is a right or wrong way to live or make decisions but I do think people should be less judgmental if people choose to carry on living and not wait for the virus to be under control as this may never happen and life is too precious to be miserable. Everyone do what makes you happy and try to play safe.
Iluvholidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Iluvholidays View Post
I am confused when people say that it’s selfish to do the things that make life worth living because of the virus, unless I’m missing something there is no vaccine, no date for a vaccine and a good chance this virus could be circulating for years! Although I hope that is not the case!
We make choices everyday that potentially could mean we put our lives at risk and we don’t spend days, weeks, months, years shielding from it.
It’s a personal choice how we live our lives with or without a pandemic and that doesn’t make any of us more or less empathetic towards the poor families and people who have died or are dying.
We are not guaranteed next year whether or not it’s the virus or something different so it’s important to live your life today.
Personally I have not had family Or friends die directly from the virus however I have had family members die as a result of their cancer treatment being cancelled because of the virus.
I’m not saying there is a right or wrong way to live or make decisions but I do think people should be less judgmental if people choose to carry on living and not wait for the virus to be under control as this may never happen and life is too precious to be miserable. Everyone do what makes you happy and try to play safe.
I agree. I had sepsis a few years ago and am lucky to be alive. I've rescheduled last month's Orlando trip to next September and am really excited about it. I'm not going to live in fear, I don't know what's around the corner. At the same time I'm sympathetic to those who've lost loved ones, I have myself. In April one of my neighbours died of cancer, one of my friends died of a heart attack and the daughter of another friend committed suicide.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Another thing, this is the Trip Planning section. So really no one should judge or complain about us discussing our holidays. It's what this section is for.
Old 7 Oct 20, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
We are in the same position, I have a small monitor on my desk with CCTV of our Florida house so I can see when it's sunny (most of the time! ).

Jonathan
Same here.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Iluvholidays View Post
My take on it is live your life, just don't be selfish about it & put others in danger. Your health is yours to do with what you want, but others health is not.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Nostrodamus.

I think that your post was totally uncalled for and very cruel. Personally I don't know anyone who has had this disease or has died of it, but I'm positive that other dibbers have been in that position. How many people have been on holiday in this country as they could not fly to their usual holiday haunt, thousands. That certainly does not mean they do not have empathy for families that have lost loved ones, just because they would like to go on holiday, be it anywhere in the world.

As for a disney fix, thats a common term on this forum, and at the end of the day this is a forum for lovers of a Disney Holiday and all the information that is available from us Dibbers to everyone.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by spinone lover View Post
Yes we are more than happy to take a test and to quarantine,if it means we can travel.
Same here. Desperate to see family, miss my grandsons so much. Should be heading out for Thanksgiving, Christmas and into the New Year, can't see that happening. Really struggling at the moment.
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
What do you mean, do you seriously think people want to travel in these conditions?
I do. If my insurance covers me and borders open I would travel