Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Oct 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 09 - Florida Mall & Mini Golf

The index is here.

Sunday 4th August 2019

We had a couple of options on the plan today; if it was dry we were heading to Blizzard Beach otherwise if it was overcast we would go to MK where we had FPs for Peter Pan, Little Mermaid and Space Mountain. If we went to MK, we were going up towards International Drive to eat at Friendlys and then DW and DD2 want to go on Orlando Starflyer (absolute madness).

Well the options were on the table until we all got up and had some breakfast we decided we just wanted a more relaxing day and have a look around the shops so we could spend some of the gifts cards DDs were given for Christmas and their Birthdays.

We headed to Florida mall; DDs bought make up in Sephora and then clothes in JC Penney; we had a look around some more shops then decided to grab some lunch in the food court. DDs had Quesadillas and Chicken Tenders from Chicken Now.

DW had a Philly Steak Combo with Jalapeño fries from Charleys

I had a Steak Reaper fries supreme and a 2-taco supreme for Taco Bell (no photo). Altogether it came to around $50 (£40.76). Suitably fed, time for more shopping. Next, we hit Bath & Body Works; we normally stock up on hand wash, sanitisers etc. and there were better offers in the Florida Mall than the outlets. Aeropostale, Dicks and Macys were next where we picked up clothes; I always look for dark blue Levi’s for work and again they were cheaper in Macys than the outlets.

As the weekend was tax free for school items, a visit to Apple was on the card, I treated myself to a new iPad; the last one I bought was a mini four years ago on our last trip. The girls had been saving and they bought themselves an Apple watch each although these were not tax free.

By this time, we had enough shopping and decided on going to play mini-golf. I know we have the Disney mini-golf courses included in our tickets but as a tradition, every time we’ve been to Florida, even before kids, we would go to Bonaza golf on 192. It’s not the best maintained course but it’s more about the tradition and having fun. It was $42.79 (£35.36) for four of us

And the winner was……

Yep Florida champion again Next it was food time, so we decided on Applebees on the way home.

DD1 had the Grilled Chicken Breast, DD2 had a 6oz Sirloin Steak, DW had Fiesta Lime Chicken and I had Buffalo Chicken sandwich; DDs had coke and we had Bud Lite. We also ordered a Caesar salad to share.

The food was really tasty and we’ve had a bad meal at Applebees hence why we continue to go back. Total was $67.46 (£55.74) and we headed home so the girls could have a swim and relax in the hot tub.

It was a relaxing day today which is what I think we all needed; shopping was great apart from the exchange rate but we love looking around the shops. Bonaza golf is so much fun and we had a great meal at Applebees. What else could you want on a Sunday?

Tomorrow is breakfast at Ponderosa, heading to Forever Florida and then maybe one of the Outlets in the afternoon followed by Olive Garden for Dinner.

Day 10 can be found here

Edited at 01:37 PM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Never eaten at Applebee's, must give it a try next time.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We love Applebees but a lot of people on here don't like it at all

You're food pictures are making me hungry

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a good shopping day

Joan