Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jul 09, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Guest assistance pass - Universal studios ?

My DH has 2 false legs and cannot stand up for any length of time so I just wondered if anyone knew would we be able to get a guest assistance pass thing I've read about on here?
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

all the info you need is over on the special needs section of the forum in a sticky at the top
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes, info on special needs forum as explained by Mazz above. Ask at Guest Relations and they will give you an assistance pass.
Old 5 Jul 09, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

thanks guys
Old 5 Jul 09, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

The sticky is only for Disney?
Old 5 Jul 09, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

hi im just back yesterday from florida and got a gac for my little boy. we had no problem at all. just go to guest relations and ask for a gac and explain why you need it. then when you have it every time you go into the park go to guest relations and they will give you a new one for that day. also keep it for future visits then show it on return and it will be replaced no questions asked
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kc1 View Post
hi im just back yesterday from florida and got a gac for my little boy. we had no problem at all. just go to guest relations and ask for a gac and explain why you need it. then when you have it every time you go into the park go to guest relations and they will give you a new one for that day. also keep it for future visits then show it on return and it will be replaced no questions asked
thanks very much for the info. Hope you had a nice holiday
Old 6 Jul 09, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Hiya,

We were at IOA today. We renewed last years GAP for DD with absolutely no problems no questions asked.

There was another family being attended to while we were there and the woman seemed to be asking for assistance for herself as she could not stand for very long. I couldn't help overhearing the guest relations at IOA is quite small. Anyway all they would offer them was the use of the family room for her to sit in while the rest of her family waited in the queue. She kept asking about wait times and would it be the same and the staff member just kept saying it would be the same because her family would need to wait tin the regular line. When we left the husband was getting quite irate as this obviously wasn't what they were looking for.

I'm thinking that they might only be issuing GAP for non-physical disabilities.

Karen
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There was another family being attended to while we were there and the woman seemed to be asking for assistance for herself as she could not stand for very long. I couldn't help overhearing the guest relations at IOA is quite small. Anyway all they would offer them was the use of the family room for her to sit in while the rest of her family waited in the queue.
This is what we were given and it was awful, hence my previous posts on the problems we had.
It really does seem to be a lottery as to which member of staff you talk to.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

sorry about my earlier post i did think there was a sticky there is a big post on this page all about guest assistance as universal though so i hope it helps a little

basically there are different types of assistance offered at universal, if you go to guest assistance and explain your needs i'm sure they will talk through the options and like i have said before on here if you find the pass offered does not suit your needs then pls go back and tell them that you have a problem
Closed Thread