Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 9 Oct 10, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I had a look in Walmart on our last trip and couldn't find either the washable bed pads or the Pampers one. Which Walmart did you get yours from Lynn?

Caron
They were from the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road, we found them in the aisle by the cot bedding, they come in packs of 2 in turquoise coloured packaging. The Pampers bed mats you can get here, they are quite light to carry and come in packs of 7. I remember getting them in ASDA so Walmart probably have them too. I found them here on Amazon.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 10, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
They were from the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road, we found them in the aisle by the cot bedding, they come in packs of 2 in turquoise coloured packaging. The Pampers bed mats you can get here, they are quite light to carry and come in packs of 7. I remember getting them in ASDA so Walmart probably have them too. I found them here on Amazon.
Thanks Lynn, I'll have a better look this time now I know what I'm looking for.

Caron
Old 14 Oct 10, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
orpin
Excited about Disney

I buy the bed pads from Wal-Mart they just about fit across a double sized bed. If I remember rightly they were with the mattress protector covers and pillow section. We got ours from the Wal-Mart on the 27 north of the 192 junction (Cagans Crossing).
Good luck!
orpin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 10, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

when we were there last year we couldn't find anything in Walmart. Luckily I took pampers bed mats with us, but when DS had an accident we found that the maid had taken the pampers mat and put a waterproof plastic sheet over the mattress. This saved us the worry about the mattress and we just used the pampers mats to protect the bedding.

Also at Makro we bought some waterproof fitted bed sheets, we got single ones and double ones too as DS often comes into our bed in the middle of the night. We are going to take these with us, they are great as they are terry towelling on the top, plastic on the underside, so are comfortable too.

Bedwetting is a bit of a nightmare, and I don't know about anyone else, but I find it stops me from sleeping as I am keep getting up and checking DS's bed during the night!
Old 17 Oct 10, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Ah, that must be where mine came from too them, I have the terry towelling on top of mine. I have one for DD bed and opne for DS bed so I am going to take both (in a Doh moment I never thought of this before). Also (shhhh, it's a secret) a few days after we get back we are geting a new puppy so I have some puppy training pads - so I am going to take enough of those to last me 7 days and if I need more, go hunt them out in Walart or Walgreens.

Thanks ever so much for your help. it's really hard trying to sort these little things and I do not really have any friends that I can ask about things like this.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 10, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Just another little tip if you are stuck, a cheap shower curtain (you can get them in pound shops here) makes a great waterproof sheet, large enough for a double bed, we usually take one or two of these to use on holiday if we need to bedbath DS or as a protective mat for changing him when we are out. They are less bulky to pack and can just be thrown away when you come home.
Old 24 Nov 10, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

we are the same with our ds who is 13 he had an accident the last time we were over at the mouse so might try a few of thease tips , as he gts sooooooooooooo tierd very easly thanks for all the tips dawn
Old 30 Dec 10, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I am so glad I found this tip, my 10yr ds has anxiety problems and goes months without an accident, BUt I would dread it if he wet the bed in disney.
We are staying at pofq
Will be going to my local pound shop and getting a shower curtain. saves the space on the pamper mats, but will pop some in my case just in case.

The problem I have he sometimes wets the duvet, at home its no probs, will mousekeeping provide me with a spare if this does happen?
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 10, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Take a fitted waterproof protector with you then you won't waste time on hol looking for one. Have a quiet word with mousekeeping and they should leave extra sheets etc, (especially if you leave mousekeeping envelopes out for them ). Most of all - don't worry and spoil the holiday - the resorts will have seen worse than a little boy who can't help wetting his bed!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 10, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Back from our trip.

Because we were getting a new puppy I had puppy pads at home - so I took some of those with me knowing I could ditch them on the last day. I also took the kids waterproof sheets from home as they have a terry towelling bit on top which absorbs.

2 of the beds (we moved 3 times) had a kind of protector on them already (HGVC and Kidani), in OKW I made the sofa-bed and bed-chair up as singles and used my sheets on them but came home on day 2 to find that the cleaners had removed the sheet and made up the bed as a double with no protection. Which was really annoying tbh as it was the one I really needed a sheet on so it was back to the puppy pads.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread