Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 11, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

POR which block?

We are staying in POR and have requested via Complete Orlando to be in a block close to foodcourt/main building and bus stops. We have also specified we want to be on ground floor.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest which building or block we should request, in view of the requirements?

Just really want to minimise amount of walking onsite for DS.

thanks

Ruth
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 11, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi,
I haven't been yet but found this website helpfull;-

portorleans/riverside-info.php

Hope it helps,

I've heard the A B BLOCK 14 IS GOOD.

Old 1 Mar 11, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

blocks 15 or 16 alligator bayou. close to pool, food and busses.
Old 1 Mar 11, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks guys, will pass this on to Complete orlando and hopefully we will be able to book into either of these blocks. I had a feeling it was in the aligator bayo part.
Old 1 Mar 11, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaju&bob
Imagineer

Originally Posted by evieg1983 View Post
blocks 15 or 16 alligator bayou. close to pool, food and busses.
Totally agree with this
PO Riverside 2002 2007 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 (2017) 2018 2019 2020
Animal Kingdom 2006
Floridaju&bob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 11, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lozzer31
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mcplod View Post
We are staying in POR and have requested via Complete Orlando to be in a block close to foodcourt/main building and bus stops. We have also specified we want to be on ground floor.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest which building or block we should request, in view of the requirements?

Just really want to minimise amount of walking onsite for DS.

thanks

Ruth
Hello
We're quite similar and going around the same time. We've asked for something in the mansions as we don't want our son to bang into the ends of the beds in Alligator Bayou (from the pics they seem to stick out a bit!)
See you there!
lozzer31 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 11, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lozzer31 View Post
Hello
We're quite similar and going around the same time. We've asked for something in the mansions as we don't want our son to bang into the ends of the beds in Alligator Bayou (from the pics they seem to stick out a bit!)
See you there!
Hi

I'm going to have to look at the pictures of the rooms, tbh I hadn't considered space in the rooms, just presumed they would be the same size and layout. DS is very clumsy too and tends to always be bruised due to knocking into stuff , but main thing for us is that he's not doing too much walking to save energy for in parks due to congenital heart disease, shortened tendons, low muscle tone. He doesn't want us to take a wheelchair and wants to walk, so hoping it will work/help reduce the load.

we should arrange a poolside meet up?
Old 4 Mar 11, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lozzer31
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mcplod View Post
Hi

I'm going to have to look at the pictures of the rooms, tbh I hadn't considered space in the rooms, just presumed they would be the same size and layout. DS is very clumsy too and tends to always be bruised due to knocking into stuff , but main thing for us is that he's not doing too much walking to save energy for in parks due to congenital heart disease, shortened tendons, low muscle tone. He doesn't want us to take a wheelchair and wants to walk, so hoping it will work/help reduce the load.

we should arrange a poolside meet up?
Sounds good... our son has autistic traits and cerebral palsy and epilepsy and hydrocephalus and would like to walk round the parks but we won't give him an option otherwise he's too tired and more chance of seizures and behavioural issues! I think all rooms are same configuration and size it just looked like the beds had wooden legs sticking out etc at the ends of them... I can see how that would be some peoples ideal interior tho.
See you there
lozzer31 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 11, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Alligator Bayou block 16 was an ideal location for us as it was near a quiet pool, close to bus stops, parking and food court and not too far to the main pool, we would request that location if we stayed there again. We stayed in Acadian House last year and it was just too far from everything for us, with all 3 of us having health and mobility issues it put a bit of a downer on the holiday.
Old 4 Mar 11, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post

In the mansions section, Partierre (sp?) Place was a great location, just one building over from the bridge crossing to the main building and bus stops and right next door to a quiet pool that nobody but us ever seemed to use!
Closed Thread