Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 11, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Glug glug

I know it's a school night, but I've just filled in DS's DLA form. First post 16 one. Will we get a nice man to visit now? I had to do it all. Alex did his 'signature'. I need a drink now! Give me strength!
Old 22 Mar 11, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

only one drink .Think you deserve a bottle at least
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 11, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Oh dear is it that bad...i will have that to look forward to soon..DS turns 16 in september... better go and get the voddie ready now
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 11, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pudg View Post
Oh dear is it that bad...i will have that to look forward to soon..DS turns 16 in september... better go and get the voddie ready now
No worse than usual. Paula! Don't be like me, I had the form for 3 months and put off doing it. it only took 2 hours in the end. Hard seeing all the difficulties in black and white, you know how it is. I think I'm blo**y marvellous for putting up with all that, actually! I might open another bottle tonight. Lol Tis done now for another few years. Good luck with yours. x
Old 20 Apr 11, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Just to say, we had Al's award back today. It was increased to the higher rate for care! (he has always had middle rate and lower rate for mobility,) and this was awarded for life, just off the usual form.. no other communication, just the standard award letter.

I am so grateful to the anonymous person who assessed this. I had thought they might be on a mission to cut cut cut in the current climate. I was anticipating home visits etc, as we had stated that he couldn't manage his own affairs, so what a pleasant surprise the letter was. Maybe they looked at it more closely with him turning 16? Or maybe I described his difficulties better.

We had his National Insurance card through the other week, and I broke my heart, (wasn't expecting it, caught me off guard).

Anyway just to say for anyone else going through the loathsome job, take heart, and good luck. xxx
Old 20 Apr 11, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
Just to say, we had Al's award back today. It was increased to the higher rate for care! (he has always had middle rate and lower rate for mobility,) and this was awarded for life, just off the usual form.. no other communication, just the standard award letter.

I am so grateful to the anonymous person who assessed this. I had thought they might be on a mission to cut cut cut in the current climate. I was anticipating home visits etc, as we had stated that he couldn't manage his own affairs, so what a pleasant surprise the letter was. Maybe they looked at it more closely with him turning 16? Or maybe I described his difficulties better.

We had his National Insurance card through the other week, and I broke my heart, (wasn't expecting it, caught me off guard).

Anyway just to say for anyone else going through the loathsome job, take heart, and good luck. xxx

that must be a relief! we are on middle rate for dla and lower rate for mobility too for Ross... i am hoping they will not reduce ours as Ds still needs the same care and attention he did when he was little
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 11, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pudg View Post
that must be a relief! we are on middle rate for dla and lower rate for mobility too for Ross... i am hoping they will not reduce ours as Ds still needs the same care and attention he did when he was little
To be honest, Paula, I had the same concern as you. I never expected it to increase. Let us know how you get on.

One of my good friends had to appeal some years ago when her son's award was reduced. She said her son approached the chair of the panel and adjusted the specs on his nose, and with that he could see his difficulties, and found in their favour. before they really got going with the hearing. I was imagining how Alex would be in such a situation. It's so hard to describe our kids on a few sides of A4.

Edited at 06:48 PM.
ILoveDaveLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 11, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
To be honest, Paula, I had the same concern as you. I never expected it to increase. Let us know how you get on.

One of my good friends had to appeal some years ago when her son's award was reduced. She said her son approached the chair of the panel and adjusted the specs on his nose, and with that he could see his difficulties, and found in their favour. before they really got going with the hearing. I was imagining how Alex would be in such a situation. It's so hard to describe our kids on a few sides of A4.
Will do...all this is happening at the same time we are going for guardianship too... so a stressful time over the next few months...as you say tis very difficult to write down on a sheet of paper what happens everyday...sometimes think of sending a dvd of him to let the panel see what we have to do and put up with...at the moment hormones are raging and he has been in a mood since going back to school on monday...he has not spokent to his dad since monday morning...when i say not spoken to he is speaking but he is screaming at him...spitting and biting and calling his dad a Pig and Cow...last night's homework was some new words that he had to learn...i was just heading out of the door to my excercise class when all i heard was "Ross what is this word" ross replied "pig" no Ross "well what's this word then" Ross replied "Cow" ...and so on and so forth... at this precise moment in time he is screaming upstairs and bouncing/flapping and i have no idea why as he came home tonight in a good enough humour
Old 20 Apr 11, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad it all came back in your favor... and increased too with a decision in a month. Takes the pressure off doesn't it.

I've just finshed our youngest 1st DS's DLA application & sent it off, just hope it doesn't take too long to come back as I hate the waiting came. Especially when they tend to refuse you the first time anyway & you have to go through the appeals procedure .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 11, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread