Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 11, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Travel insurance with medical condition

I have been diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease (currently stable and on meds). Have been referred to a different Cardiologist with the likely hood of having an implanted loop recorder due to 24hr ECG not picking up these syncope episodes (dizziness, palpitations, minimal loss of consciousness). I jsut wonder if any of you know where I can obtain TI whilst I am getting sorted, that will fully cover me.

Currently have TI with bank but not covered for the above.

Would appreciate any advice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 11, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Check out the sticky thread at the top of this forum for lots of suggestions and recommendations. It really is just a case of shopping around for the best quote for your particular situation. We have found Columbus were the most competitive and offered complete cover for all our PEMCs this year, the last few years we have had a policy from The Post Office so those are two to try.
Old 27 Mar 11, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
randc
Imagineer

randc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Columbus are good. We've just booked travel insurance for my dad getting a quote of £220 for him and my mum. He has 4 pre-existing conditions we needed to declare. The only other quote I got was for £1500! for 2 weeks to the USA.
Your main problem is if you are awating any test results or operations as this seemed to be the sticking point for my dad so we waited until his test results were back before we booked the insurance.
Good luck,
Old 27 Mar 11, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I have heart arythmmia and Columbus covered me. They just ask you a few questions and you usually get an instant decision. If they do need more info they'll write to you.
Old 28 Mar 11, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I have always gone with Columbus because i have some pre-existing medical conditions and they have always been very reasonable with their cover prices , unfortunately until now i took out a policy with them several weeks ago for our week cruise around europe , i had to visit the doctor recently and it ended up him putting me on short term anxiety tablets , off i go to inform Columbus to be told they would not cover me at all ,i was expecting to pay a surcharge or something but no they just wouldnt cover me , they said they do not cover anxiety , even when i explained that i was on it short term , ended up having to forfeit the policy and search elsewhere , am now with Stay sure costing £40 more but at least i am covered , bit of a warning really to those who think that once they have their policy thats it they are covered , you really do have to inform them of any changes ,to add salt to the wound this has raised my anxiety levels
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 11, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread