Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jul 15, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Allaboutdisney
Proud to wear my Ears

DAS card query

I have taken a look at the guidebook but am still a little confused and was hoping for clarification. If 1 of your party has a DAS card and you are looking to receive a return time for a particular ride, is the return time for the entire party or is it for the individual with the DAS card and a carer? Just not sure if some of the party are to queue as usual
Allaboutdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 15, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyx5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Das time is for your party up to 6 people. We haven't used the new system but from what I've read all your party needs to be linked to Das when you get it from guest services

Disneyland Paris Aug '02, Jan '03, Jan '04, April '04, Aug '04, Jan '06, April '06, May '07, Feb '08, April '08, Oct '08, Feb'10, Aug '13
Florida Jul '93, Aug '00, '01, '03, '05, '06, '07, '08, Apr '09, Aug '09, Jun '10, April '11, Aug '12, '14, '16, '17
disneyx5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 15, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

When you get your das card firstly they take a photo of who the das is for they then take that persons ticket & link the das onto it. They then take the rest of the party's tickets & link them to the lead ticket. When using the das you need the lead persons ticket to get your allotted time & they can see who else is linked to that ticket they ask if you want them all to go & then once you have your time & go back the lead persons ticket must be used first for it all to work. Does that make sense? The only thing I didn't like about it was I was scared one of us was going to lose our park tickets where as the old system was just a piece of paper. But it worked fine
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 15, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sstardust
Earning More Ears

Does it work with a magic band or do you need to get the ticket out each time?

Sstardust
Sstardust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 15, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Allaboutdisney
Proud to wear my Ears

That's great, thanks for the clarification.
Allaboutdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 15, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sstardust View Post
The DAS is linked to tickets. However if you have a magic band the ticket details are stored on the magic band meaning the DAS is also on the magic band. If you have a magic band it will be your ticket with DAS info so you only need to scan that each time.

Any member can ask for a DAS return time but when going through the first Mickey head check the DAS user must be first. It will glow blue (not green) and the photo is checked to match the person and then everyone else scans and goes in. After that, for any other scan points, order of persons does not matter.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 15, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sstardust View Post
We didn't have magic bands so don't know the answer we just had to keep getting our tickets out!
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Our party will consist of 4 people staying on site so will have magic bands and 2 off site so they will have tickets. Can they still be linked, oh and i have 2Ds that will need the DAS is this possible and will it cause a problem?its that some of the time they will wont to go on different things.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Our party will consist of 4 people staying on site so will have magic bands and 2 off site so they will have tickets. Can they still be linked, oh and i have 2Ds that will need the DAS is this possible and will it cause a problem?its that some of the time they will wont to go on different things.
Yes. When you get DAS set up, just make sure they come with you. You will scan magic bands and they will scan tickets. As long as everyone is linked vis MDE (done before or at the desk by Disney) seems to be how they link everyone together (well they did link some of my other special assistance that way this past trip).

If you request two DAS cards, each person in the group can only be linked to one. So it may be split 3+3 or 2+4. Then when you all want to ride together you have to take one magic band/ticket for each DAS group and they will do two DAS but at same time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 15, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracyjj0
Imagineer

We split our party in to two groups, as both my boys have ASD's, but it has been nothing but trouble when all 5 of us have wanted to ride something together. We've been made to feel as though we are trying to cheat the system, or something
We've now changed it to one party, but even doing that we received sarcastic remarks from the cast member attending to us, "It's not a fast pass you know", with a huge roll of the eyes - you had to be there to believe it - but even my husband, who is usually immune to such sarcasm, was incredulous about the way she treat me like an idiot for no reason
Not feeling the Disney touch at all