Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 1 Nov 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Light hearted Xmas ideas ? No Florida now

as there will be no Florida this Xmas our first time going away at Xmas and not seeing the family Xmas day for the first time we want to think of something me and DH can do a bit different with it been a different kind of Xmas who knows why this lockdown will bring ? I suggested Xmas day lunch just me nd DH taking a picnic to the dales and sitting in the car and eating overlooking a beautiful view eat it and come home ... hubby looked at me silly...anyone else got any ideas please ... it’s only cos everything is up in the air I’m even thinking like this we normally have a Xmas dinner at ours for at least 16 have done for the last 20 year lol
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
as there will be no Florida this Xmas our first time going away at Xmas and not seeing the family Xmas day for the first time we want to think of something me and DH can do a bit different with it been a different kind of Xmas who knows why this lockdown will bring ? I suggested Xmas day lunch just me nd DH taking a picnic to the dales and sitting in the car and eating overlooking a beautiful view eat it and come home ... hubby looked at me silly...anyone else got any ideas please ... it’s only cos everything is up in the air I’m even thinking like this we normally have a Xmas dinner at ours for at least 16 have done for the last 20 year lol
Love the sound of a car picnic with a view! How lovely. Sounds like you need a well deserved break this year, make sure there is minimal cooking involved!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds lovely but if weather was rubbish it could feel miserable.

Will you plan for Xmas next year to Florida?

Always wanted to try Florida for Xmas but would be disowned for taking grandkids away and ruining Xmas! Maybe someday!
Old 1 Nov 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

My wife wants to volunteer and help feed the homeless.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I love the idea of a car picnic. I would be happy with that. Usually DS comes to us for Christmas, he is in Nottingham, so no idea if this will be allowed. A Christmas dinner just me and DH wishing our son was there going through the motions will be a very sorry affaire.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Yes we would plan to go to Florida 2021 Xmas if the powers above will let us ... no grandchildren and our children have partners so if in lockdown they will be okay might have to keep persuading him lol ... couldn’t think of anything nicer than listening to the rain on the roof looking out and eating lol
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OP I think it is a good idea you just have to acknowledge it is different and embrace it, otherwise people will just make themselves sad for no productive reason.

I know it is different but my dad died Christmas 2017 (as in called to the care home on Xmas day afternoon to say he wouldn’t make it through the day, he actually clung on until the 27th for better or worse)

In the two years following obviously everything has been different for me and mum but you have to embrace the difference and find enjoyment where you can as making yourself miserable with thoughts of what has gone before benefits no one.

I’m not saying this is a year to make new traditions but it is one to do something different, be silly for the sake of it or embrace technology to connect where you can.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are hoping for a beach day. Take the cobb bbq and turkey paninis to heat on it. Will work well providing it's not raining! Back for a beef casserole and jacket.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List