Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Sep 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post
If it helps you can book your outbound as soon as it’s available with your FTV and 241. They will then hold the flight until the return is available and then put them together.
Oh well I didn't realise this

So, I found this online "For a booking 355 days out, you should look to book your outbound flights on the day they become available. Do NOT wait until the return flights come up. You then call British Airways on the day that the return flights becomes available and add it to the booking. You should not be charged a change fee for this."

So when my outward flights come out I can book these 4 with my 241 and FTV voucher and then ring on the date my return flight is available - so that implies I would still get these on my 241 basis (as it is 4 club seats I am a bit panicky as I only just have enough for 2 x off peak avios club seats) Doing it this way would make me feel better about securing the outward seats (I don't mind losing sleep!)
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by samhartwell View Post
Oh well I didn't realise this

So, I found this online "For a booking 355 days out, you should look to book your outbound flights on the day they become available. Do NOT wait until the return flights come up. You then call British Airways on the day that the return flights becomes available and add it to the booking. You should not be charged a change fee for this."

So when my outward flights come out I can book these 4 with my 241 and FTV voucher and then ring on the date my return flight is available - so that implies I would still get these on my 241 basis (as it is 4 club seats I am a bit panicky as I only just have enough for 2 x off peak avios club seats) Doing it this way would make me feel better about securing the outward seats (I don't mind losing sleep!)
Yes, you will get the return on the same 241 as the outbound, as long as there are enough available Avios seats when you call.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Book the outbound with your vouchers. When the inbound is released, call to book/add them to your outbound booking, which will also include the vouchers. No extra Avios needed.
Wow that's great news, I didn't realise I could do this so thank you so much!

Fingers crossed!
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post
I’m not entirely sure. I just know that I waited for my return flight to be available then couldn’t get the date I wanted for my outbound flight. Now going 4 days later than I wanted.

The agent said as I had a 241 voucher (also FTV) I should have phoned as soon as my outbound was available, they then hold the flight and you phone back to add on the return. He said when I did the return flight they would then calculate the Avios and taxes.
Thats so useful to know! So glad you are all so helpful on here, off to do more planning now !
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

perfect thanks !
I had to call at 1am this morning as I couldn’t book my return flights took about a minute to get through but got flights sorted. Good luck when you need to call
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nicbev View Post
I had to call at 1am this morning as I couldn’t book my return flights took about a minute to get through but got flights sorted. Good luck when you need to call
great news, how exciting!
did you use the australia number?
Old 9 Sep 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

great news, how exciting!
did you use the australia number?
Yes the call took 20 mins though, god knows the cost. The guy said I will just put you on hold for a few mins, 10 mins later but all booked
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Yes the call took 20 mins though, god knows the cost. The guy said I will just put you on hold for a few mins, 10 mins later but all booked
great news! I will hopefully be doing the same soon and already checked the cost per min to aus through my telephone provider !
Old 9 Sep 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

great news! I will hopefully be doing the same soon and already checked the cost per min to aus through my telephone provider !
Hope you didn’t have a shock at the cost! Don’t know why I couldn’t book, gatwick flights you could but not the Heathrow ones. The longer he was keeping me on hold the more I thought he is going to come back and say sorry flights gone. But he put the return flight on same booking as outward, let’s hope we can actually get there next year
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Hope you didn’t have a shock at the cost! Don’t know why I couldn’t book, gatwick flights you could but not the Heathrow ones. The longer he was keeping me on hold the more I thought he is going to come back and say sorry flights gone. But he put the return flight on same booking as outward, let’s hope we can actually get there next year
I know- after all this planning with flights/reward seats it will be a right pain if we still cant go

so online the flights were not showing then (you were booking your returns after already booking outwards?)

Tampa flights seem to have really low availability at the mo when I have been checking daily