Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by samhartwell View Post
I know- after all this planning with flights/reward seats it will be a right pain if we still cant go

so online the flights were not showing then (you were booking your returns after already booking outwards?)

Tampa flights seem to have really low availability at the mo when I have been checking daily
Yes when you clicked on lhr there was a pop up message saying something like flights couldn’t be booked at that time but you could for lgw. The guy on the phone told me to reset my pc, which I replied can’t you book them as it’s a busy weekend coming back and the flights will be gone by the time pc resets.
Yes had already booked outward with no issues online. The website is strange at the mo as when you look for reward flights it doesn’t come up with all the days unless it’s my pc! Can’t even try in phone or iPad as I now get a pop up blocking access! Can’t even find tampa on there either as that was an option.
But there were 8 economy flights for both lhr and lgw showing and 4 business. Nothing for premium though
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Help again required!
My outward flight will become available at 1am (on Sat morning) - just checked the Australia and US numbers and it doesnt look like they are open (Australia is Mon - fri) and USA also seems to be till 1am (8pm EST)
Do I just need to wait until 7.30 am and risk reward seats being booked already online or is there a workaround number?

I assume I can only book through the exec club?

Bit stressed s PE reward seats seem to always go quickly!
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Help again required!
My outward flight will become available at 1am (on Sat morning) - just checked the Australia and US numbers and it doesnt look like they are open (Australia is Mon - fri) and USA also seems to be till 1am (8pm EST)
Do I just need to wait until 7.30 am and risk reward seats being booked already online or is there a workaround number?

I assume I can only book through the exec club?

Bit stressed s PE reward seats seem to always go quickly!
What about other numbers? Japan?

They’ve only just started releasing PE seats and it’s the least of all the classes (2 per flight).

As it’s your outbound flight, why not just book it online when it’s released at 1am?
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post

They’ve only just started releasing PE seats and it’s the least of all the classes (2 per flight).

As it’s your outbound flight, why not just book it online when it’s released at 1am?
I'll have another look at Japan - I have to do over the phone as its an extended 241 (well 2x) so now a FTV to be able to use 2 at once (one was expiring Feb 22)

Thanks

Sam
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post

So just checked and Japan is open til 1am also (5pm +8 hrs)

Looks like they are all closing the lines at the point seats are released -

Oh well - actually didnt realise only 2 PE seats were released so actually thats a bigger issue as we want 4 (and I had seen 4 or even 8 available at other dates so they must be released later) may have to justify getting a few extra points to go club!

Thanks and if you think of anything else woul dlobe to hear your advice

Sam
Old 15 Sep 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

So just checked and Japan is open til 1am also (5pm +8 hrs)

Looks like they are all closing the lines at the point seats are released -

Oh well - actually didnt realise only 2 PE seats were released so actually thats a bigger issue as we want 4 (and I had seen 4 or even 8 available at other dates so they must be released later) may have to justify getting a few extra points to go club!

Thanks and if you think of anything else woul dlobe to hear your advice

Sam
They guarantee 2 PE seats per flight. It can be more. I’ve noticed for some routes recently there’s been a lot more business seats released on release date than the 4 guaranteed. Might be just be a way of getting some revenue in.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

have spent all morning trying to get hold of BA to book my flights - is it just because its Sat ?
i can only book by telephone as have a FTV to use

anyone got any more ideas of what to try

currently number 33 on the chat bot (from number 77)

noone is answering just on hold for an hour and then they cut you off
Old 18 Sep 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Of the multiple times I’ve phoned in August I found my most successful day was a Sunday morning. Three times I’ve phoned on a Sunday I got through within an hour. ( Also using FTV)
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post
Of the multiple times I’ve phoned in August I found my most successful day was a Sunday morning. Three times I’ve phoned on a Sunday I got through within an hour. ( Also using FTV)
Thank you - got there in the end!