Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Sep 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

We did the swim back in 2009. My daughter would do it again but to be honest we would do a no swim to access the additional tickets. If you compare apple with apples however the top
End tickets make the dolphin swim quite a competitive price. We have had some amazing experiences at all of the Seaworld family parks including a vip day in SeaWorld with Christmas lunch. Breakfast with the giraffes at Busch Gardens is an amazing experience which my children still talk about today .. blue tongues and all. It’s worth the investment to gain the linked tickets.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I prefer the non swim, having done both. Next Easter will be our 8th visit.
The Dolphin bit felt as false and contrived and cheesy as meeting Donald or Mickey

Having said that, a Discovery Cove ultimate is our one, must do ticket and I would never visit Orlando without it.
Disney and Universal, I can take or leave… increasingly leave these days.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

I also prefer the non-swim.

It was too much of a conveyor belt experience for us.

It’s such a relaxing day doing the Grand Reef (best but by far) and chilling with food and drink abs swims.
Enjoy 🙂
Old 22 Sep 21, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dazco
Excited about Disney

Can anyone answer my question?
Someone on this thread say the swim was almost double the price, but when I look at the ticket price a swim is only a few quid more.

What is the lowest price people get for just the Cove experience please?
dazco is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
For my dates next year its Ł171 for non-dolphin and Ł232 for adding the dolphin swim.
That's for the Ultimate tickets including Busch Gardens and parking
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Discovery Cove is superb and I love it BUT the dolphin swim was (for me/us) a major disappointment, and for the time you get plus the additional cost (not just the swim side of it, I mean the horrendous cost of the photos and associated add ons) it is just not worth it. It is potentially a once in a lifetime experience but the costs of the photo packages etc. I think is disgusting but folk will buy it because its a special time.

Do Discovery Cove, it's fantastic, but I would be mindful of the 'extras' not just the additional price of doing the swim.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Weve done both a few times each , yes it's worth doing without the swim but if your first time I think you will regret not doing the swim when you get there, it really is very special
I had no regrets skipping the swim we loved our day at DC ,but it seemed very conveyer belt as someone else said. It reminded me of donkey rides on the beach rather than a special experience. On the other hand watching the dolphins choosing to come and play in the wake whilst on Little Toot was wonderful .

Edited at 10:45 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Its such a fab day out, definitely worth it without the swim. We did it and although it was lovely, it's not something we feel the need to do again. We did it in December, the water was sooooooo cold! We did only have the life vests on though so a full wetsuit might have been warmer.

We hired a cabana too which we loved, I booked the part directly with DC. I think I requested an area and one with a hammock and although it's not guaranteed we were lucky to get both. You will get an attendant too and she was there waiting for us with lovely warm fluffy towels after our dolphin swim!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dazco
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Discovery Cove is superb and I love it BUT the dolphin swim was (for me/us) a major disappointment, and for the time you get plus the additional cost (not just the swim side of it, I mean the horrendous cost of the photos and associated add ons) it is just not worth it. It is potentially a once in a lifetime experience but the costs of the photo packages etc. I think is disgusting but folk will buy it because its a special time.

Do Discovery Cove, it's fantastic, but I would be mindful of the 'extras' not just the additional price of doing the swim.
I quite agree with you, but readers may be interested that if you book soon you get a 50 dollar voucher to spend in any of their resorts
dazco is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

You mean this D.C. deal?note the expiry date.

Well worth having if the dates fit!
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List