Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Hi I have just sent you a PM,

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Well the assessment was today .
Sounds like it didn’t really go as well as hoped for .
DD had rung them up a couple of weeks ago to ask if her mum come could come along. Was told no ,but then when her mum took her to the appointment she got invited in and maybe wasn’t as ‘ready ‘ to be part of it as ideally would have been .
The nurse seemingly just asked loads of questions about DDs medical history but didn’t really explain the process . At the end her mum asked ‘ can she carry on at Uni ‘ ? expecting a ‘ yes of course ‘ but she gave a ‘ for now ‘ response and said there would be a follow up appointment in 8-10 weeks and it rather threw DD and DW. The nurse left pretty much straight after and they didn’t get chance to ask any follow up questions .

It’s thrown DD and she has gone into worry mode. She has effectively left her job for this uni opportunity ( though her employer has kind of kept it open pending the result of today ) but obviously they can’t keep it open for long.

She is now even potentially considering dropping the course as she doesn’t want to end up with no job and no course at the end of the review

I have ( since DD gone to bed ) reread the healthworkltd/Servic...thAssessments1
Link and it suggests a definitive answer should be available in 2 weeks ( once written to GP which I know they are doing ) so hopefully no need to wait until the 8-10 week date and hopefully could even speak to the uni after the 24 hours is up

So maybe not as bad as DD and DW thought . Hopefully DD will speak to Uni and to the assessors in the next 24/48 and get a bit more reassurance and a bit more understanding of the process and also if the uni/ assessors are on DDs ‘ side’ or not.

But in the meantime if anyone has any experience/ advice that would be greatly appreciated .

Obviously I wasn’t there but hopefully it’s just DD and DW worrying about nothing
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 11:32 PM.
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am so sorry to hear this BB, I really thought it would be like the ones my fellow students have had. As this seems more in depth I find it quite strange that they didn’t do this before the course started and I wouldn’t of thought that they would now take her off the course. It maybe worth contacting her Tutor or head of year course, mine have been so helpful with everything. Sometimes you just need someone that knows what is going on and that can help you through the process. Explain the concerns you have put on here and hopefully you will get some advice.
I really hope everything turns out ok, I would encourage her to stay on the course and support her in trying to find out more.
Please keep us updated.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks Sarah
I too am thinking / hoping it’s just either been misinterpreted or not explained very well

But to someone with anxiety and possible autism it’s so important that stuff is explained properly so they understand the process

Hopefully she will get some better answers in next 24/48 hours
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Little update .
She rang the assessors this morning . They could offer little other than she will get an email .
They wouldn’t say if it was positive news.

She rang the Uni. They didn’t know anything about the assessment . Presumably she just didn’t speak to the right person /department

Email arrived later today . It said ‘ click here ‘ to find attached your certificate .
Only no certificate attached.
Just I believe a note saying she would hear further soon , or something like that .

I have advised her to ring the assessor tomorrow to understand the process from here and to get the name and number of the decision maker at the uni.

Still feel all will be ok but it just doesn’t feel much like a support mechanism

Edited at 11:10 PM.
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Little update .
She rang the assessors this morning . They could offer little other than she will get an email .
They wouldn’t say if it was positive news.

She rang the Uni. They didn’t know anything about the assessment . Presumably she just didn’t speak to the right person /department

Email arrived later today . It said ‘ click here ‘ to find attached your certificate .
Only no certificate attached.
Just I believe a note saying she would hear further soon , or something like that .

I have advised her to ring the assessor tomorrow to understand the process from here and to get the name and number of the decision maker at the uni.

Still feel all will be ok but it just doesn’t feel much like a support mechanism
I'm sorry you're having to go through this. What should be a very simple process is causing additional stress and worry because of lack of communication.

Definitely try and ring and speak to someone at both the assessors and the Uni. The Uni have clearly provided her details and will be getting a report back. You are entitled to know 'who' exactly for GDPR reasons.

I agree it's very likely to all be ok. Just really frustrating it's adding to your DD anxiety.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This all seems very strange and I am surprised that she isn’t being given any guidance with it. I would suggest contacting student services, I went into ours yesterday with one of my friends and they could look up about her learning support programme and sorted her railcard too. They were really helpful with lots of questions that she had. DD may also be entitled to extra support for assignments. It really is about finding the right department. The other person I would contact is her personal academic tutor, those would be the 2 routes I would go down and they should be able to give you more advise.
Hoping she finds someone to advise her and that she hears back quickly.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I'm sure everything will be ok, but like you say not well communicated. It's pretty poor really , for someone who needs reassurance.
Our daughter went to Manchester Met and loved it. That was back a few years ago as she graduated in 2013.
What course is your daughter doing ?
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Further slight update .
There was a certificate hidden away - the ‘click here just took you to a page that said thanks for doing the questionnaire ! Nothing about the actual assessment.

Anyway a search around the website found the certificate. It does say she is fit to carry on , but it appears that it only lasts until her follow up appointment in December .

So we have drafted a letter - you can’t talk to the clinician asking about the purpose of the assessment, the process , who the university contact is , what happens after December etc -Hopefully we will get a good response .

I would hate for her to be told in December it’s game over ( the clinician has said she has concerns but doesn’t expand on that )

( Judy she is doing primary school education )