Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 16 Oct 21, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mamma Mia it’s Greece

Day 5 - Friday 15th Oct

2.45am. Jas is not very well. Phoebe is in meltdown mode as there’s nowhere for her to escape to. They both want answers as to why she has been ill and I don’t have them. Phoebe has put her mask on and doesn’t want me to get back in the same bed. Reassurance is hard when you don’t have the answers.

3.35. Thunder. Loud enough to be heard above the noise of the a/c. 4.15. Jas is concerned that I’ve left my towel out on the balcony and we can hear that it’s high winds. I open the door and then the shutter and it’s like a disco hurricane. Because of the shutters we haven’t been able to see the lightning. I rescue my towel from the floor as chairs are sliding all over the place. I manage to rescue the lilos too. I’ve somehow managed to break the catch of the shutters so we can’t get them closed again so now the room is like daylight. The gutter out the front is pouring so it sounds like someone is in the shower. 4.30. The thunder is now so loud that I’ve jumped out of my skin at least twice. Is it home time yet?! The power has dipped twice so far. 4.45 the gutter noise has stopped so the noise of the a/c can now be heard again. Just the disco lights and thunder to go and normal service can be resumed. The chance of anymore sleep is pretty slim.

5.45 phoebe kindly wakes me up tell me that jasmine is sitting up in bed. 6.15 jasmine is not well again. Lightning is still lighting up the room but the rain seems to have stopped - I don’t think I’ll be setting up camp at 7.30 today

Get up, have a shower and sanitize the bathroom so that phoebe will go in it. Head down to the pool area at 8.30. Sun is peeping through the clouds but the forecast is much the same as yesterday. A large team of workers are sweeping/hosing and clearing storm debris. I took a banana from dinner last night to have as my breakfast. Phoebe will probably tell me that she’s not going to eat anything today. I have got my massage booked for 12.30 and there is a high chance that I will bid off during it. 2 more sleeps and we’ll be back in our own rooms/beds

Popped in to the restaurant to pick up a hot chocolate and saw 3 people not wearing gloves - not sure if they’re new arrivals or rule breakers but hopefully someone will point out the error of their ways. I have my banana with my hot chocolate and phoebe declines any form of food.

Side note - I’m always complaining that Jasmine’s hair doesn’t smell very nice and that she can’t be washing it properly - I used her head and shoulders in the shower this morning as it was closest and all I can smell is my hair - it’s vile. Sorry Jas, think we’ll look for a new shampoo.

Miracle of miracles. It is blue sky with just the odd ‘Simpson’ style cloud. Jas appears just after 9.30 still looking a little delicate. She said they are cleaning next food so she come out if the way do our room can be cleaned/towels replenished. I walk back with her once the room is done and she said her stomach is hurting because she’s hungry but she’s too scared to eat. I go back up to see her just before my massage and she says she going to sleep it off.

12.30 and it’s massage time. I was originally just going to book the shoulder neck and back but got only 6 euros more I could have the full body aromatherapy massage. I should have stuck to my guns as it was anything but relaxing! She started on my feet - my right four shot up like I was going to kick her in the face. When she moved on to my left leg, that was really ticklish. At this point I’m realizing that the face hole is quite large and I’m holding my head at a weird angle so that my head doesn’t fall through. My nose then becomes blocked so I have to open my mouth to breathe but because of the weird angle my jaw then starts shaking. I spend half the time with my hands clenched wishing it was just a normal back massage.

Once it’s over I head back over to phoebe and then go and get a sharing plate from the snack terrace. Phoebe still doesn’t want to eat but enjoys a few chips as they have vinegar here but not in the main restaurant. I have another tequila sunrise as that went down rather well yesterday.

We still can’t believe that it’s been sunny all morning, especially as we did start out under the blanket when we first came out. It’s quite windy now though so I expect we will spot a few burnt people at dinner. Text Jas to check on her and she sends a thumbs up but declines to come down. I get my first icecream of the trip. We saw a hungry caterpillar crawling through the grass.

Came back to the room just before five and sat on the balcony catching the last of the rays. Phoebe was still trying to limit contact with Jas. Jas decided she was going to come down to dinner and just have something small as she wanted to take some pain killers for a headache. She had a few chips and then decided to come straight back to the room so that set phoebs off again. She was almost in tears trying to describe living in fear of being ill every day. I do my best to reassure and empathize with her in a daily basis but it’s hard work sometimes.

Phoe and I sit in the lounge for a while and then I head up to take jas a drink. Phoe follows later and both girls make me bring the towels in so we don’t have a repeat of last night!

I attempt to do the passenger locator forms for our return and what an absolute farce! We have to do one each! The one to come to Greece you could add family members do it was all one form. This one you can only add minors. The form kept getting stuck and giving an error so they you had to keep going back in. The field for the day 2 test number wasn’t long enough and then when we get our emails saying your pdf plf is attached there are no frocking attachments so who knows if we,ll be let back in!

Last full day tomorrow - not sure we’ll be lucky enough to get full sun again

Day 5 from Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 5

I’d gone to bed with high hopes just before 11. At 2:45 I’m peacefully asleep and I’m woken up to hear Jas yelling mum and moving quickly. I knew instantly where this was going. Mums like eh what. Jas shouts mum again and I’m now yelling at her to get up because Jasmines going to be sick.

They’re in the bathroom. No ones saved my towels or my toothbrush. I ask the door to be closed. Mums pacing the floor. It’s too late to save my toothbrush. I’m planning on moving rooms. Mum goes into the bathroom.

They come out the bathroom. Mums still pacing. I’m ready to jump off the balcony. They’re all too close to me. Mum tries to tell me she’s not eaten anything since lunchtime. I don’t care. That’s not helping. She’s been ill. Then I hear from Jas ‘what was that’. She doesn’t even know why she’s been ill snd saying she normally knows why she’s been ill. This does not help the situation.

Mum tries to come near me and I quite politely tell her to do one because she’s been near her whilst she’s been ill. The light stays on just in case until 3:15.

I’m hating life. Wearing a mask and won’t be sleeping.

4:15am. There’s a massive storm and it’s like a hurricane outside. Mums towels been left outside which doesn’t sit well with Jas. Mum then opens the door to get it but can’t then shut the shutters back over. Jas has to step in and help but is almost blown over and struck be lightening. Jas declares she’s broken the bloody door because of how she opened it. Now they’re both outside trying to pin back the shutters but they’re honest to god, both almost been blown away twister style. We’re in the middle of a chuffing storm and a hurricane. The lilos are brought in and the chairs are being dragged around left right and centre by the wind. Jas gets back up and goes to the bathroom.

Several times I look up to Jas and she her sitting on the edge of the bed and kick mum so she’s aware.

5:15am. I hear the dreaded noise. Mum leaps out of bed. I’m in my mask already and eye mask, hands over my ears and crying. Jas makes no effort to be sick quietly. I don’t know if that’s even possible but she doesn’t. Mum passes me my headphones and I listen to music until 8am when I get up and leg it out of the door to the sun beds.

I’ve had about 3.5hrs sleep so try to sleep on the sun bed. No way am I going to breakfast! I must of slept for an hour and wake up to discover Jas behind me on another sun bed so the maid can clean the room. Mum goes up twice to check the progress and then sends Jas back up once she’s done.

The sun is out. I repeat. The sun is out. Full sun. No cloud. We tan ourselves all morning and mum goes to her massage but brings some ready salted crisps down so I eat about 5 of these.

We continue to tan all afternoon and jump in the pool to cool down and not freeze under cloud. Mum goes to get a plate of chips and some salad and pitta which I eat a bit off but instantly regret it. No one knows why Jas was ill so it could be a bug which I’ve now caught.

More tanning until we go up at 5ish and I get in the shower and wash the hair. I’m sat back on the balcony to let it dry and see the couple with the puffer jacket and the 3 spaghetti boys with the boy from the couple on day 1 who has been drinking with the family next door to us. Back story so all that makes sense - the family made friends with the boy who’s Harry, and the girl he’s with. We assumed it was his girlfriend. Two days ago Harry and the girl made friends with another couple, she wore a puffer jacket one night when it was cold and I was jealous. The 3 spaghetti boys, I wasn’t there for this but apparently mum and Jas had to wait for those 3 to get their spaghetti before Jas could get hers. Anyway. Harry and the puffer jacket couple made friends and met up the evening of the movie quiz with the running kids, but the girl he was with wasn’t there. Yesterday we didn’t see the girl, only Harry and the puffer jacket couple, they spent all there day together. Today, Harry and the puffer jacket couple started out together, played in the pool together and had lunch together. Am I a stalker of these people? Yes I am. Well, on the balcony Harry, the puffer jacket couple and the 3 spaghetti boys were all playing in the pool together. Where’s the girl i hear you ask? You tell me!

We go to dinner at 7ish and Jas decided fo come for something small. There’s no space outside where we usually sit so we’re back inside and who do we see! Harry, no girl, the puffer jacket couple and the 3 spaghetti boys all sat at one big table and having dinner! I can’t leave this holiday until A. I know where she is. And B. Are they a couple, are they friends or are they siblings? Another side story, the earthquake day. A bingo couple asked Harry if he’d felt it and he said no but his friend who he’s with did. A friend, where is the friend now!

Anyways, Jas eats about 6 chips and literally legs it back to the room. I’m sat crying at the table telling mum she doesn’t understand what it’s like to live with this and I had to be locked in a room with it last night. I end up drinking a Diet Coke and having 6 chips and a slice of pizza. There was tomato soup again but when you live with this fear, you have to think of the colour of foods if you’re then ill so the soup was a no go. We sat for a bit longer so I could have another slice of pizza and it took forever for a new one to come out. Harry, no girl, puffer jacket couple and the 3 spaghetti boys must have eaten their entire weight in food and drank it in beer tonight but then headed off out.

Mum and I went and sat in the inside lounge bit and played a few games of cards before she went up to check on Jas and give me the all clear to come up. I come up at 9:15 to mum stressing over the passenger locator forms to come home. Jas confirms on the scale of 1-10 she felt a 10 of sick last night and a 1 now.

Tonight’s entertainment is karaoke which you can hear from our room and some poor soul is really giving ABBA her best shot!

I am praying even more so than last night that we all sleep thought the night. Praying for no hurricanes, no tsunamis, no earthquakes, no broken shutters, no one being ill in the night, no sick ever in life again and full sun for tomorrow x
Old 16 Oct 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Oh my goodness its all going on isn’t it! Am so sorry Jas was ill (and sorry for you too Phoebe) so glad the sun came out at last! Hopefully today will be better for you all x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad that the sun has finally come out for you but sorry to hear that Jas has been unwell. Hope your last full day is a sunny one!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List