Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 16 Sep 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Going for afternoon tea with a load of my cousins tomorrow. The venue is BYO so I picked up a couple of bottles of Freixenet

I Also picked up a little mixer 😉
Ooh where is the drunken berries thing from. That is right up my street
Old 16 Sep 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
The Sparklers...

For anyone that has been on a Disney Cruise they will probably recognise ROSA REGALE. It is a sparkling red/rose but only 11% alcohol. Very fruity and light. I had to buy a case from Germany to get these. Worked out about £11 a bottle including shipping.

Just tend to pick these up in Sainsbury's when they have their buy 6 save 25% deal. So they work out around £5 a bottle.

We don't get the 25% off in Scotland

I like Sainsbury's own cava and cordornui too. I'm not too keen on the Canti - not that I would refuse a glass, lol
Old 17 Sep 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by anniee View Post
Ooh where is the drunken berries thing from. That is right up my street
Tesco - about £7/8 I think. It was gorgeous
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Tesco - about £7/8 I think. It was gorgeous
Thank you
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I used to live in Australia, but unfortunately like most Australians, couldn't stomach any of the loo cleaner cheap Aussie wines like Yellow Tail, Hardy's, Jacobs Creek etc.
Luckily New Zealand wines were fabulous, and far more available than the aussie stuff anyway.

Cloudy Bay Marlborough Sauvignon blanc is my favourite, yum..
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

I'm generally not a wine drinker but DH buys anything that's reasonably cheap. Our wine cellar varies from vinegar to really top class Champagne provided by a French Bank executive every year as a thank you gift. We did a tour of New Zealand which included lots of visits to wineries with lessons on how to judge and appreciate wines. Really upset an owner of a gold medal winning White on North Island with my opinions. Then we went to Queenstown and had a Pinot Noir to die for. Owner said to drink it chilled. Can't remember the name and can't check as we are away.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Just counted our stash and we have 82 bottles of red & wine plus 2 bottles of bubbly We tend to bulk buy when Tesco have their 25% off.

We prefer to try smaller vineyards and producers as opposed to more commercial ones and have had some cracking wines over the years.

Our last house had a wine cellar but in our current one, we've got a wine cooler built into our kitchen island and the rest of the bottles are in cupboards around the house
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I used to live in Australia, but unfortunately like most Australians, couldn't stomach any of the loo cleaner cheap Aussie wines like Yellow Tail, Hardy's, Jacobs Creek etc.
Luckily New Zealand wines were fabulous, and far more available than the aussie stuff anyway.

Cloudy Bay Marlborough Sauvignon blanc is my favourite, yum..
If you like Cloudy Bay, Whitehaven etc try Saint Clair. The pioneers block is excellent
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by paw View Post
I'm generally not a wine drinker but DH buys anything that's reasonably cheap. Our wine cellar varies from vinegar to really top class Champagne provided by a French Bank executive every year as a thank you gift. We did a tour of New Zealand which included lots of visits to wineries with lessons on how to judge and appreciate wines. Really upset an owner of a gold medal winning White on North Island with my opinions. Then we went to Queenstown and had a Pinot Noir to die for. Owner said to drink it chilled. Can't remember the name and can't check as we are away.
We did a tour of a vineyard in the South Island many years ago and a Dutch woman upset the owner by telling her that good wines didn't have screw caps 😄
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I like Argentinian and Chillian reds,Tempranillo though enjoy a good Merlot or Malbec, anything really if I'm honest.
Can't stand Chardonnay.
I have a built in wine holder that holds 9 bottles and I get paranoid about re filling if more than 3 are empty.