Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Are you on the Nextdoor app?
If not, register on there & your posts will be visible to those in your immediate & surrounding streets.
Lots of lost & found cats in our area have been reunited with their families after a photo of them has gone up & others have replied that they’ve literally just seen that cat in their garden, street etc.
Good luck.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I have been there and it’s awful!

First off put the message out to all the local fb groups. Contact all local vets and shelters.
A good tip I was given was empty the contents of your hoover onto your garden lawn as it helps them smell their way home. Not sure if it helped but she came back the next day.
Don’t leave food and water in your garden as it attracts other cats who may scare your cat.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
reemur
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankyou everyone for your help & support
Still no sign of him I am so worried
Have looked everywhere & phoned everywhere I can think of Hes on face book & Lost & found cant think of anywhere else I can go. I have also contacted Cramar & the blue cross
Off now to try some more roads I am living in hope
reemur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Reemur, have you tried putting one of your cats blankets outside in your garden? He might smell it and find his way back. I hope he comes home soon, I used to have cats and it was always my fear they would get lost. It could be that someone has used their shed at the weekend and he has gotten shut in. We had a siamese that lived near us and he was a little monster for doing just that. He loved mooching in our garden and would sometimes spend the afternoon curled up on one of our sofas with us but we always had to double check the greenhouse and shed before we locked it as he loved wandering in there. I hope he is home soon x
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Moocat21
Earning More Ears

Has Finn come home yet?
i hope you find him soon XX
2023 4th time not looking likely either
Moocat21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by reemur View Post
My cat Finn has been missing since Saturday afternoon
He is neutered & microchipped He is Black & white short haired & only 12 months old I am so worried about him as he is very friendly & could have gone into someones car or van
I have searched everywhere Posted leaflets through peoples door Put him on Facebook now going to phone all the vets in the area We live in Bromsgrove in Worcs Can anyone please advise anything else I can do as I am desperate to find him
Thankyou Carol
Hello sorry for my insensitive post earlier and i do hope you get your cat back .
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

My cat Finn has been missing since Saturday afternoon
He is neutered & microchipped He is Black & white short haired & only 12 months old I am so worried about him as he is very friendly & could have gone into someones car or van
I have searched everywhere Posted leaflets through peoples door Put him on Facebook now going to phone all the vets in the area We live in Bromsgrove in Worcs Can anyone please advise anything else I can do as I am desperate to find him
Thankyou Carol
Hi, please don't lose hope! my gorgeous boy had been missing for 10 day's a couple of years back, we were out of our minds with worry. I used to go out often and call him and one day I heard his meow, and there he was. Sadly he'd been in an accident and the vet said he'd had a head injury and lost his way home but he made it home, he is blind in one eye and lost some teeth and a broken jaw
but he's still here and still just as gorgeous. So please please keep looking and keep calling, it's never too late and cats are very clever, and people are always willing to help look for a lost pet. I've got everything crossed for a happy outcome x
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
reemur
Apprentice Imagineer

Finn still not come home I think he might have got inside someones van or car
Have put him on every lost site I can think of Posted leaflets I think if he had been local he would be home by now Have phoned the council & no deceased animals in our area has been picked up I tried everything to keep him in the garden even cut down trees but he could still get out He would hate been an indoor cat Sill hoping & praying he will come home I will keep you all informed Thankyou for your support Carol
reemur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Thanks for the update Carol

I really think he will come home. My cat was an outdoor cat (most are) and you cant keep them in your own garden most of the time - that’s life and neighbours have to accept that in same was as us owner have to accept they will kill birds and things (I really hated that part but about to get a new cat when I move and will have to accept it as its nature)

Fingers and toes crossed he will appear on your doorstep very soon
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Finn still not come home I think he might have got inside someones van or car
Have put him on every lost site I can think of Posted leaflets I think if he had been local he would be home by now Have phoned the council & no deceased animals in our area has been picked up I tried everything to keep him in the garden even cut down trees but he could still get out He would hate been an indoor cat Sill hoping & praying he will come home I will keep you all informed Thankyou for your support Carol
Don't ever give up hope hun, cats are too independent sometimes 🙄 xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List