Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Aug 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

I know it's hard, but don't give up hope. There are lots of stories of cats who go missing then turn up again, sometimes in the strangest circumstances.

My cat I had when I was a child disappeared for two weeks. He turned up one night, thin, covered in mud and starving. We lived on a new-build estate and I think he must have been stuck somewhere on the building site.

It's a horrible feeling when they're missing but with him being micro-chipped you have a better chance of getting him back. Keeping everything crossed that Finn is found soon x

Edited at 09:44 AM.
fudgie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Reemur, have you tried putting one of your cats blankets outside in your garden? He might smell it and find his way back.

A neighbours cat went missing a few years ago and they was told by the vets to put the cat bed/blanket outside. His food bowl with his brand of food in outside but in a different area and to peg dirty laundry out on the line. So something you have worn that has your scent on it like pjs (Not washed) so the cat can pick up your scent. Also slippers or shoes outside the front door. So that your scent is all around your house.

I do hope your little cat is ok x x

Edited at 07:53 AM.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Moocat21
Earning More Ears

has Finn returned home?
2023 4th time not looking likely either
Moocat21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
reemur
Apprentice Imagineer

He still hasent returned not a sign of him anywhere I am going to put a lost advert in the local paper that comes out next Wed I am so worried If he got into a van he could be anywhere Just waiting for that phone call is horrible
Dont know what else to do
Thankyou everyone for your support
Carol
reemur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I know this thread is old and I’m sorry if you didn’t find Finn ,just a beacon of hope we received notification yesterday our little girl had been found in a village 5 miles away
She is very thin ,very dirty and a bit scratched ,she was missing 78 days we will never know how she ended up where she did and we are taking it slowly, there is hope ❤️
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I know this thread is old and I’m sorry if you didn’t find Finn ,just a beacon of hope we received notification yesterday our little girl had been found in a village 5 miles away
She is very thin ,very dirty and a bit scratched ,she was missing 78 days we will never know how she ended up where she did and we are taking it slowly, there is hope ❤️
Aw what great news about your little girl being found. You must be over the moon.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Aw what great news about your little girl being found. You must be over the moon.
We are , we have rested all day today as she is so tired, her brother is a little wary as she is very dirty but I want her to be checked by the vet tomorrow to make sure she is ok. Poor baby had resorted to eating grain from the fields it is in her litter.
Can’t believe it really as she has been gone through some of the worst weather , boiling hot, wet and now cold.
So lucky she was chipped and the people who found her put it on Facebook ( even though I don’t use FB ) my sister spotted it
I think she has lost about half her body weight and her paws are very sore.
But she’s eating , drinking and going to the loo and her eyes are bright and she is purring .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We are , we have rested all day today as she is so tired, her brother is a little wary as she is very dirty but I want her to be checked by the vet tomorrow to make sure she is ok. Poor baby had resorted to eating grain from the fields it is in her litter.
Can’t believe it really as she has been gone through some of the worst weather , boiling hot, wet and now cold.
So lucky she was chipped and the people who found her put it on Facebook ( even though I don’t use FB ) my sister spotted it
I think she has lost about half her body weight and her paws are very sore.
But she’s eating , drinking and going to the loo and her eyes are bright and she is purring .
Oh goodness your poor fur baby! She must be so relieved to be home! This is where micro chipping is so important. Am really happy for you I hope that Reemurs cat comes back soon too.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our little girl has been missing four weeks
We too have tried everything, we are sure someone has taken her we have done all the same as you op including putting her details on animal search
I’m not giving up hope, to all those with pets out there please keep an eye on them so many on animal search are missing
The not knowing is heartbreaking
There was someone in our village in North Wales whose cat went missing for 3 months and was found in Telford
It had jumped in a builders van and when he opened the door it jumped out and ran off.
Someone eventually caught it and took it to a vet luckily he was chipped so he was back home within hours of the owner being contacted
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I didn’t see your update before I posted about the cat in our village but I’m so pleased she’s been found