Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 11 Feb 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

It’s our last Gousto box this week as the offer has now run out! I’m hoping to get some friends to sign up to give us both some more discount . We’ve all really enjoyed trying all the different recipes, and I’ve been impressed that the boys have embraced all the different flavours too.

There’s a fair few absolute favourites that I’ll make again, and some that were just okay, and only one that we really didn’t like, so it’s a definite thumbs up from us
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
It’s our last Gousto box this week as the offer has now run out! I’m hoping to get some friends to sign up to give us both some more discount . We’ve all really enjoyed trying all the different recipes, and I’ve been impressed that the boys have embraced all the different flavours too.

There’s a fair few absolute favourites that I’ll make again, and some that were just okay, and only one that we really didn’t like, so it’s a definite thumbs up from us
which was it that you don't really like so I can make a mental note. Also, don't forget there is Hello Fresh to try and the referral forum for codes.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
which was it that you don't really like so I can make a mental note. Also, don't forget there is Hello Fresh to try and the referral forum for codes.
It was the spicy chicken and greens bowl. The chicken was good, but the ‘freekeh’ was not nice at all, like a wholemeal couscous type thing. I tried to eat it but it just wasn’t good! Thankfully we hadn’t mixed it in so were able to eat everything else

We’re going to have a look at the other boxes, but I’m really hoping to go back to Gousto as we were very impressed
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It was the spicy chicken and greens bowl. The chicken was good, but the ‘freekeh’ was not nice at all, like a wholemeal couscous type thing. I tried to eat it but it just wasn’t good! Thankfully we hadn’t mixed it in so were able to eat everything else

We’re going to have a look at the other boxes, but I’m really hoping to go back to Gousto as we were very impressed
We are trying morrisons eat fresh box this week. First meal went down well last night. Works out pretty good value too. Gousto was our favourite, but at over £5pp was too expensive for everyday food.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the heads up about Morrisons. I've just ordered a box for next week. Gousto hasn't had anything we fancied for the last few weeks and so i have HF coming on Sunday and then we'll see how Morrisons do the week after
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Thanks. Will remember that one. DH doesn't tend to like the couscous, bulgar wheat ones as they don't fill him up.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I'm going to look at Morrisons as well has hadn't realised they had restarted doing it.
Old 12 Feb 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caj View Post
We are trying morrisons eat fresh box this week. First meal went down well last night. Works out pretty good value too. Gousto was our favourite, but at over £5pp was too expensive for everyday food.
Thanks, I’ll have a look. Gousto works out around £3pp for 4 meals for the four of us, and I know I could make each of the recipes for less than £12 so if we order in the future it’ll be to try new recipes
Old 15 Feb 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We have this box arriving today. On my last box I added at the ingredients to the Asda app and it came to £42. Obviously there was bigger bottles of stuff etc. But having everything you need delivered and not have to worry about what to cook is great.
We get a box about once a month or so, like today it’s half term so convenient this week.
We now have quite a few new favourites that I’ve cooked with our own stuff.

Edited at 07:51 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Thanks for the heads up about Morrisons. I've just ordered a box for next week. Gousto hasn't had anything we fancied for the last few weeks and so i have HF coming on Sunday and then we'll see how Morrisons do the week after
Just a few more points about morrisons

1) if you order the 4 meal option the box can be quite heavy! It would appear (although I can't confirm this) that the ingredients are picked from the store shelves and you may end up with more than you need and storage of the chilled items may be an issue if you have a smaller fridge.

2) The menu cards are slooted in the top of the box and could easily fall out in transit (I found them on the doorstep after the delivery)

3) Although there was nothing wrong with the meals not our favourite product (personal choice)

4) As with Morrions and Gusto some of the product dates wire a bit short so we chose the "oldest" choice first.

So our personal ranking follows after the photos..

Our choice of boxes...

in 3rd place. Hello fresh (we tried this second). using the receipies as produced we found the meals a tad bland. My preference would benot to have this one again.

in 2nd place (we tried this most recently) Morrisons. See my comments above photos. Would posibly have again.

in first place (although the nost expensive) Gusto. We tried this first and was very impressed with the taste. Shame it's the most expensive when no discount applied. We also liked the preparation and cooking instrauctions (it told you how long the meal would take to prep and cook which I don't think morrisons did)

Like I say - these our just our personal opinions.