Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Am based in Motherwell but in Edinburgh overnight for a staycation - if can be any help please ping me :-)
Ta
Im based in Bathgate so not far away at all...hoping to get in to Tesla soon to speak to them direct.

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You won’t get an S at that price but you will a 3. If you can go for the long range version over the standard, the standard being good enough but long range worth the extra if you can stretch.
There is no servicing so forget that. They say rotate the tyres and change the air con filter now and again. Nominal.
You can lease a 3 with 10,000 miles with Drive Electric for 3k down and 500 a month.
Yeah, first Tesla quote I got back in 2018, through a leasing company, was £1150 a month for the S...!

Really hoping I can find a 3 around the £500 a month mark, currently paying £509 for a BMW330E M Sport
Moz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

We parked at Bathgate station to come into Edinburgh - handy chargers at that park and ride
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
We parked at Bathgate station to come into Edinburgh - handy chargers at that park and ride
Yeah, DW uses them sometimes...nearest one to me actually, I live the other side of the golf course from the station

If you are bored and head into Tesla at Multrees Walk, get prices for a 3... on a 3 year deal, with servicing, 20k miles a year... and push them down to £500 a month please..

Enjoy our capital in this glorious sunshine ..!
Moz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Ta
Im based in Bathgate so not far away at all...hoping to get in to Tesla soon to speak to them direct.

Yeah, first Tesla quote I got back in 2018, through a leasing company, was £1150 a month for the S...!

Really hoping I can find a 3 around the £500 a month mark, currently paying £509 for a BMW330E M Sport
S is still over a grand a month on lease with 6k down.

I negotiated a good deal on mine with Tesla at quarter end, I think I got just about the cheapest S Tesla have ever sold (they say Tesla don’t negotiate discounts, they do, I got 11k off mine and 2% pcp).
Old 17 Sep 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Yeh I got my S in end of quarter deal too )-;
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

How did this end, did you go for the Tesla or pick another car?
Old 5 Oct 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
How did this end, did you go for the Tesla or pick another car?
Me? Or the other dibber?

I’m just waiting to get to the top of the list with fleet. It’s been confirmed I can have a Tesla 3, Hyundai Kona or Kia e-Niro.

I am pretty sure I’m going to go for the Tesla, mostly due to the charging network.

I’m slightly slightly leaning towards the Kona, due to the hatchback and size element, a proper boot would be much easier for the dog and my saddle/riding stuff etc. But I still think I can’t turn down the Tesla
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Me? Or the other dibber?

I’m just waiting to get to the top of the list with fleet. It’s been confirmed I can have a Tesla 3, Hyundai Kona or Kia e-Niro.

I am pretty sure I’m going to go for the Tesla, mostly due to the charging network.

I’m slightly slightly leaning towards the Kona, due to the hatchback and size element, a proper boot would be much easier for the dog and my saddle/riding stuff etc. But I still think I can’t turn down the Tesla
The Kona is very nice but you’d be mad to turn a Tesla down for one!
Old 8 Oct 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Just an update, my forms finally went through payroll, and when I contacted Fleet the last Tesla on stock had gone and they said it could be months before they came in again, however I could have a Kona within a fortnight.
This was decision made for me. The little SUV shape will suit me better for saddles and dogs and the like anyway.
My Leon is currently being valeted and will be going on Autotrader this afternoon.

I am waiting for the people at Podpoint to give me a call. We don’t know if I’ll be able to get a charging point at home or not yet (my parking space out the backs could be too far from the fuse box) but there are chargers in the clients office and our big local multi storey has free chargers)
Old 8 Oct 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
Got a test drive booked in Edinburgh for Tuesday for the Model 3...will see what its like- then look at company financing...!